Complaint Review: Merritck Bank

• Updated: Fri, November 22, 2013

• Reported By: nononsense99 — Tampa Florida
Merritck Bank
Tampa, Fl Old Bethpage, NY 11804-9001, New York USA

Merritck Bank Merrick BankPayment Processing CenterP.O. Box 30537Tampa, FL 33630-3537 Fraudulent Late Fees Old Bethpage, NY 11804-9001 New York

*Author of original report: Not A Drama Queen

*Consumer Comment: You do know, don't you, that if they really did as you say...

PATRICA at merrick Bank let me know in no uncertain terms that merrick Bank will chargea late fee whenever they d**n will feel like it.  I WAS PISSED.  kNOWING I could not talk to her and she would not transfer the call to a manager or supervisor I got off the line with PATRICA...SHE WAS ROUGH TO SAY THE LEAST

Fuming I got on the net found similar complaints regarding merrick Bank. Ripoff Report is a good place to start but there are many other sites. Because PATRICA was so  cocky about my concern I set about deflating her massive ego.

Making a long story short I transfered my merick balance to another credit card and I thank PATRICA for that . Happy days PATRICA YOU ARE THE BEST WEAPON FOR merrick BANK NOI TO ACHIEVE THEIR 0BJECTIVES.

YOU DESERVE A RAISE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2013 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merritck-Bank/Old-Bethpage-NY-11804-9001-New-York-11804-/Merritck-Bank-Merrick-BankPayment-Processing-CenterPO-Box-30537Tampa-FL-33630-3537-Fra-1101469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merritck Bank

Not A Drama Queen

AUTHOR: nononsense99 - ()

To consumer Ken before you make comments you should do you homework.  If I was the only one complaining about ramdom late fee charges perhaps you may have a case but if you read through the 188 comlaints listed on RR  you would notice the pattern and understand this is a real problem and not an isolated one. I was furious when I wrote my compalint so I am going to augment it now with facts that may make things clearer for you and others.  I am not late with my payments chronic or otherwise and this I can PROVE!!!!!

Last month I was charged a 25.00 late fee with Merrick Bank. Mind you I mailed their payment at the same time I mailed Capital One, Capital One was sent to Utah and they got it on time and Merrick was mailed to Tampa (where I live) and they said they did not get it on time. Just so you know, it is not unusal to get Tampa to Tampa mailings the next day with a maximum of 3 days.

I called Merrick and got PA-TRICA who had no problem disparging the Post Office on their delivery practices to justify this 25.00 late fee. After going 7 or 8 rounds with PA-TRICA.

I told her I would take care of this problem myself.

I immediately applied and was accepted for another credit card, transfered the major portion of the Merrick balance to it (I left them with a couple of hundred dollars) and wondered what they gained with this dubious practice of charging late fees when not warranted.

PA-TRICA made it clear the Post Office does not like Merrick Bank so I now pay them electronically (I found one of those cash places that will allow you to make credit card payments in real time and there can be NO dispute when Merrick Bank receives it.

Charging late fees randomly because you can always blame the Post Office is the lowest of business practices and should be called out each and every time it is done.

For the record, with all the new technology and competition I think the Post Office is doing a great job, better than ever. I continue to mail my other credit card payments and have had no problems, I guess the Post Office likes them. As Matter of fact, the card I transferred the balance to sent me an email 4 days after I mailed my payment to let me know they received it (they are located in PA.) Now that is taking care of business.

Thank you PA-TRICA for opening my eyes to the dubious practices at Merrick and my new credit card compay thanks you as well...they now get all that interest!!!!

You do know, don't you, that if they really did as you say...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"PATRICA at merrick Bank let me know in no uncertain terms that merrick Bank will chargea late fee whenever they d**n will feel like it."

Or did they have reason(s)?  If they really just arbitrarily charged you, notify your states banking commissioner.

If you're just a drama queen and you were late, chronically or otherwise...grow up.