• Report: #194879

• Submitted: Mon, June 05, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 05, 2006

• Reported By:Nazareth Pennsylvania
Met Ed First Energy Company
http://www.firstenergycorp.com/welcome/index.html Reading, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Met Ed First Energy Company ripoff dishonest ruined credit history Reading Pennsylvania

On June 5, 2006 I called up Met Ed electric to have the electric turned on in my apartment. The first woman I spoke to, Barbra, asked for my name and social security number to do a credit history report. When she did she told me that the name and social security number didn't match. I was suprised and shocked and asked her to read the social security number back to me. She paused and said, "Well what was it". I gave it to her again and she told me that there were three names under my social security number, two of which were my name but the second had my middle initial. I asked for the name of the people where they got the credit history from. Their names were Experian.

I went onto the Experian website and got my free credit history and, suprise suprise, only two names were on the list. Confused, I called back Met Ed. I talked to a Mia and she said that I was denied for getting my electric turned on. I explained only two names were on the report and they needed to check their stats. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused to let me. So I hung up and called back and finally got a supervisor named Sherry. After all this drama they told me I had to go to a notary to get an aphadavid to prove who I am.

I got angry and called the Public Utilities Commision of Pennsylvania and filed a case with them. I then called Met Ed back to inform them that I had filed a case and talked to a supervisor named Andy who told me the same as Sherry.

Later on that day I felt the urge to check my credit report again. When I did, low and behold, a third name. This one was only missing one letter of my original name. It was spelt Amand instead of Amanda. I was really angry now and called up Experian to ask who made this mistake and how it got on there. A representative named Monique told me that Met Ed First Energy Company had made a typo when checking for my credit history and placed a third name on my credit report. Thats why there were three names.

Now armed and loaded I called Met Ed back up to speak to Sherry. I informed her what I was told by Experian, how they made the mistake and gave me a third name. She said she knew that and I got angrier. I asked why they couldn't have admitted the mistake in the first place and given me the electric, which she had no answer to. I then asked for the electric to be placed in my name. Sherry told me that I still hade to get a notarized aphadavid to prove I was Amanda, which, by the way, cost money.

I refuse to pay for their mistake. They screwed up from the beginning, blamed me for it, refused to fix it, and expect me to do it for them and fix it for them. No way. I contacted the Public Utilities Commission, the Attorney General, and now I'm looking for a lawyer to see if I can get compensated in any way for this.

Nazareth, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2006 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Met-Ed-First-Energy-Company/Reading-Pennsylvania-19605/Met-Ed-First-Energy-Company-ripoff-dishonest-ruined-credit-history-Reading-Pennsylvania-194879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Met Ed First Energy Company