Complaint Review: Met Life Home & Auto Insurance

• Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: markw43 — Arizona
Met Life Home & Auto Insurance
200 Park Ave New York, New York USA

Met Life Home & Auto Insurance High Prices and Terrible Customer Service New York New York

*Author of original report: Better off without Met Life!

*Author of original report: Robert, You must have stock in Met Life:)

*Consumer Comment: So..

I have been a Met Life customer for the past 4 years; they have my home & auto insurance business. Every year the rates have increased and there have been no claims, tickets, etc. When I call the company to find out why my premium has increased again, I am basically told to suck it up and deal with it, and the AZ insurance commission had to give us approval to rip you off so go cry to them.

The vehicle policy has increased $100-150.00 per year and I have made no changes to the policy....no new cars in fact my vehicles are getting older but my rates keep going up anyway. The home insurance really makes no sense, even though my homes value has dropped 100K the insurance has increased! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! If you like being talked to like a dog and giving away your money then by all means buy Met Life Home & Auto Insurance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 01:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Met-Life-Home-Auto-Insurance/New-York-New-York-10166/Met-Life-Home-Auto-Insurance-High-Prices-and-Terrible-Customer-Service-New-York-New-Yor-1088525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Met Life Home & Auto Insurance

Better off without Met Life!

AUTHOR: Consumer - ()

Left Met Life in October of 2013 and have been really impressed with their replacements.  I chose Geico for my auto and Liberty Mutual for our home.  Saved a bunch of money and it seems like they value our business too.  Good riddance to Met Life.

Robert, You must have stock in Met Life:)

AUTHOR: markw43 - ()

No flaw in my claim....I was upset about the unwarranted increases but I was more upset about the way customer service talked to me when I called to inquire about the increase.  I have shopped around and saving about $400 per year too.  Should I have done this earlier??  Probably:)   Met Life still couldn't or wouldn't explain the reason for an increase.

So..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Where is the RipOff?

I mean after the first year when they raised your rates you shopped around and got a better rate.  Oh you didn't?  Well you surely must have done it after the 2nd year they raised your rates..No.  Well then you must have shopped around after the 3rd year of them increasing your rates.

Ummm..so now you are at 4 years of increases and you are complaining that they are ripping you off...Perhaps you should think about that for a bit and see where the flaw is in your claims.