Complaint Review: Metro Entertainment

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: Jane — Republic Missouri
Metro Entertainment
75 Gerber Road East South Windsor, Connecticut USA

Metro Entertainment MetroEntertainment robbed us of our only splurge! We are very poor people, but decided we would spend extra for great seats at the Professional Bull Riders event in Springfield, MO this weekend. Thinking we were online with Missouri State University ordering our seats, I placed an order for 2 seats, $113 each. When I received our tickets, to my horror, they were $40 seats, located far from the action! We probably won't even go now. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS ROBBERY! South Windsor Connecticut

We are having a very tough time financially.  We no longer vacation, or have money for any extras.  This year, however, we decided that we would save what we could for the first 6-8 months of the year, so that we could attend the PBR event in Springfield, Missouri at Missouri University.  We had managed to put back almost $300, and wanted to get extra-good seats for Sunday nights' event.

I believed I was ordering from Missouri University online, when I located seats that cost $113/each. The event is scheduled for September 13, 14 and 15, so I felt great knowing I had purchased good seats on August 20.

When I received the tickets in the mail on September 3rd, I was horrified to see that they were $40 tickets!  Invoice sub-total was $226, shipping $15 and "other expenses" $53.12!  This brought a grand total to $294.12.  I immediately called them, was told the $40 was on every ticket, that this is only the "base price", and that we would be seated in much better upon arrival!  What crap!

What can be done about this?  I am literally sick to my stomach, thinking about how hard it was to come up with that $300, and they just took it in the blink of an eye.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Entertainment/South-Windsor-Connecticut-06074/Metro-Entertainment-MetroEntertainment-robbed-us-of-our-only-splurge-We-are-very-poor-pe-1083417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Entertainment