• Report: #820745

• Updated: Tue, January 10, 2012

• Reported By: freystock — new york New York United States of America
Metro Entertainment
137 Bolton Road Vernon, Connecticut United States of America

Metro Entertainment Truly Outrageous Ripoff on Metropolitan Opera Tickets Vernon, Connecticut

On 12/22/11 I called what I thought was the metropolitan opera company to order two tickets for an upcoming opera. I had a chart and told them I wanted seats in a specific area. The sales person quoted me a price of $672.00 for two tickets. I then asked her how she came up with that amount. I told her (emphatically) based on the price quoted I did not want these tickets! She then said "too late the order is already put through." When I protested again she hung up on me saying, "too bad I am hanging up on you." I then called and asked to speak to the manager and was connected to someone who said he was the manager (probably another confederate in this bucket shop.) After registering my complaint with him about his salesperson giving me a fast shuffle and a hasty departure, he said that he was sitting right next to the salesperson when my call came in and that the salesperson handled me properly and that he likewise was hanging up on me. Luckily the tickets were charged on Amex and they have put the transaction into dispute. I am hoping to get this resolved thru Amex...But be forewarned this is certainly not a reputable operation and only makes its living through ripping off the public. It can and will not stand behind its sales.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Entertainment/Vernon-Connecticut-06066/Metro-Entertainment-Truly-Outrageous-Ripoff-on-Metropolitan-Opera-Tickets-Vernon-Connect-820745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Entertainment