Complaint Review: Metro Homes

• Submitted: Mon, March 03, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:De Soto Missouri
Metro Homes
11434 Hiway 21 Soth Hillsboro, Missouri U.S.A.

Metro Homes sold defective home would not pass final inspection for occupancy consumer fraud ripoff Hillsboro Missouri

*Consumer Comment: I Had a Great Experience with Metro Homes of Hillsboro

We purchased a home from Metro Homes in July, 2002. We were promised the home was be refurbished to our satisfaction. When the home was delivered, it still smelled of cat urine, had broken toilets, leaky faucets, missing door hinges, etc... During the buying process, we were mislead on the requirements for preparation of the site and ended up spending over $2,500 for preparation of the site because we had to have concrete piers poured for the home instead of using portable pads as the dealer said we could.

In September, after the home was finally put on the piers and anchored, it was apparent there was hidden damage on the frame of the home. When Metro Homes and the finance company they directed us to, Conseco Finance, (see my report on them dated 3/3/2003), they basically said tough luck. The home was sold as is. It was not until the Missouri State Attorney General's office was contacted they I could get anyone to even come out and see the damage. Finally, Ms. Lucas of Metro Homes and Bob Begnaud of Conseco Finance did come and see the damage in December, 2002. By this time, the home had set empty for 6 months and my family and I had to find alternative housing. We no longer need or want this defective home. Ms. Lucas was very unprofessional in her behaviour and verbally abusive while on our property and at one point I told her if she didn't leave, I would call the Sheriff and have her removed.

The outcome of this whole mess is that the trailer is still on our property taking up space and there has been no attempt on the part of either party to rectify this siutation.

Karen
De Soto, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2003 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Homes/Hillsboro-Missouri-63050/Metro-Homes-sold-defective-home-would-not-pass-final-inspection-for-occupancy-consumer-fr-47677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Homes

AUTHOR: D2008 - (U.S.A.)

I bought a mobile home from Metro Homes, and they were fine to work with. We got to close fast, and my home was set up not even a week later. I appreciate the good work they did, and I really enjoy my home. I would recommend them.

I Had a Great Experience with Metro Homes of Hillsboro

AUTHOR: Smh1981 - (U.S.A.)

I personally bought a home from Metro Homes, and I love my home. They were wonderful to work with, I even sent them flowers and a Thank You card. They made it clear to me from the beginning that they did not deal with permits at all, and it would be up to me to find out what the requirements were for setting my home, depending on where I was going to take it.

Different counties have different restrictions. The home I bought was also a repossessed, bank owned home. Metro Homes and the bank (21st Mortgage) made sure my home was done the way I liked. Bob Begnaud, who I guess now works for 21st Mortgage, was a really nice guy.

I didn't work with a Ms. Lucas, I worked with Stefanie & Jeanne, and they were very helpful and easy to work with. I even recommended them to my sister, and she bought a beautiful home from them, as well. All in all, my experience with Metro Homes was great, and I was really surprised to see them on here!