Complaint Review: Metro PCS

Metro PCS
PO Box 601119 Dallas, Texas USA

Metro PCS Bait & Switch! Dallas Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Benefit of Prepaid Phone Plan

After being one of their original customers in the Tampa Bay Area (back from 2004), I decided to get myself a 4G LTE phone when I saw it advertised for $49 In-store only.

I figured that I could afford that and give my husband my LG Optimus M+. When I drove to the St. Petersburg, Florida Corporate store on 22nd Avenue North, I had to wait 5 minutes (which is...in itself...a miracle compared to the normal 1 hour wait...of course, it was at 10:30am), I walked up to the counter and stated that I wanted to get the LG Motion that was advertised for $49 on the website. The customer service rep stated that it was only for NEW customers and that the phone would cost me $168, PLUS a $15 upgrade fee, PLUS another $15 to transfer my phone to my husband's number.

REALLY? After all of the THOUSANDS of dollars that I have spent on continuous service and cellular phones for almost TEN YEARS, they want to charge me $198 (not including taxes) for a phone they are advertising for $49? BULLSH*T.

I'm sorry, but their motto is "Wireless for All"...then why am I being singled out because I'm an existing customer? Also, after going back to their website and looking at the promotional offer, you have to click through to THREE SCREENS BEFORE you get to the terms and conditions (which is white lettering on a light gray background) that state "new activation only on a new line of service".  In addition, if you have a pop-up blocker, you won't even see the Terms and Conditions.  Seriously...how many people are going to take the time to click through 3 screens to see if they "qualify" for the promotion? NOT most normal people!

I contacted their customer service department with my complaint, only to be put on hold for 15 minutes and 38 seconds...waiting for a "supervisor".  I contacted the MetroPCS Corporate office in Tampa, FL and had to leave a message for their "Customer Escalation Department", for which I received a telephone call back.  The guy on the other end asked me the problem, when I stated to him how difficult it was to locate the terms and conditions, plus the time it took me to drive and wait at their Corporate store, only to walk out empty handed, plus telling him that the $49 4G LTE phone is what I could afford...not the $198 that I was quoted in the store.  His response was "I can't do anything about the phone price, but I can waive the $15 upgrade fee as a one time courtesy."  REALLY?  You can't do anything about the phone price?  Yet, you can sell the phone at $49 to new customers...not to someone who has already spent approximately $15,000 on Metro PCS products and services since 2004.  I am appalled and definitely do NOT feel like a "valued" customer.  "Wireless for All"...unless you are already a customer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS/Dallas-Texas-75360/Metro-PCS-Bait-Switch-Dallas-Texas-1052649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Benefit of Prepaid Phone Plan

AUTHOR: ANONYMOUS - ()

Benefit of Prepaid Phone Servie is you don't get locked into continous service. You could've not paid for next 30 day period, terminationg your plan. In the interim you could've bought a trak phone(very inexpensive) and after an appx2-3 week period started a new MetroPCS acct,with new phone and new number.