Complaint Review: Metro PCS

• Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: MARY — Delray Beach Florida United States of America
Metro PCS
1865 S Congress Avenue Delray Beach, Florida United States of America

Metro PCS Store Mgr. charges debit account twice for return. Issues a "Cash Refund" receipt when no cash was refunded for the return. Delray Beach, Florida

3/15/13 I had my Metro cell heat up in my purse and stop working properly. It appeared to be a battery issue as the battery was unusually hot when I removed it from the cell. ( 3 mo. old LG Motion) I took it into this Metro location and was told it had water damaged and wouldn't be covered under any warranty so I need to get a new one. I purchased a replacement cell and was told my contacts would sync within an hour. Didn't happen so I plugged in my old cell to see if I could retrieve some numbers. It turned on and worked fine! So I called Metro store to return the phone they just sold me 30 minutes earlier and was yold there are no refunds!!! After many calls I finally reached the store manager (SEAN) who agreed to take back the phone and return my service to my original phone. WHEN I RETURNED THE PHONE TO THE STORE THEY TOOK IT AND REFUSED T GIVE ME ANY REFUND FOR IT!!!!  mY BANK (vISA CARD i USED) TOLD ME i WOULD HAVE TO FILE A POLICE REPORT!!!  I call to make a report becuase the emplotee who sold me the phone finally barks at me " If you just wanted a reciept that you gave it back here..." and hands me a "CASH REFUND receipt" she had in her register draw. NO CASH WAS RETURNED TO ME! Finally the police het the manager to come out from the back and agree to a refund. He says I'll refund you the 105.99 for the phone but not the activation fee of $15. The officer says "there ya go" I take a "reciept " for the refund only to look in my car and find her had charged me the $105.99. Now my checking account has been robbed of $226.98 for a phone I returned...THIEVES!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS/Delray-Beach-Florida-33444/Metro-PCS-Store-Mgr-charges-debit-account-twice-for-return-Issues-a-Cash-Refund-recei-1024143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS