Complaint Review: Metro PCS

• Submitted: Fri, January 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 02, 2009

• Reported By:Cape Coral Florida
Metro PCS
Fort Myers, Florida U.S.A.

Metro PCS RIPOFF Fort Myers Florida

I bought a phone from Metro PCS for $105.99. The deal was "no contract" and monthly. I had 60 minutes or 30 days whichever came first to return the phone for a full refund. I told them I was in Cape Coral. They said no problem.

I got back to the condo and found the only way the phone would work was standing in one of 2 windows in the living room. I tried most of the evening to get a Metro PCS support person on the phone and never did get anything other than a recording. So, I took the phone back to the Superstore I bought it at and talked to a fellow named Daniel.

His first conversation was that he would give me a different phone as the one I had bought was maybe not "strong" enough. He went in the back somewhere and returned several minutes later with the same phone and said that he had put a booster (at no cost) on the antenae. I should try that and he was sure that it would work ..... WELL .... it didn't! What few calls would come through (when the phone was laying close to the living room window) were from collection agencies trying to reach 1 of 3 previous owners of the wonderful phone number that I had been assigned.

To bring this already LONG story to a conclusion ... the only time I actually talked to a live service person on the phone was the night I finally got a voice mail through and found that the service had been discontinued because I had not paid the bill (which came by non-extistent voice mail!!).

This company is a fraud and does absolutely nothing in my experience to warrant any support whatsoever!

If you buy a Metro PCS phone and it doesn't work the VERY FIRST TIME you use it ... take it back and tell the you want your money back IMMEDIATELY! I am sure that there are pockets that it works very well in, but they need to be honest and trustworthy and stand behind their product.

Jackie
Cape Coral, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2009 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS/Fort-Myers-Florida-33901/Metro-PCS-RIPOFF-Fort-Myers-Florida-407406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS