Complaint Review: Metro PCS

• Updated: Tue, January 07, 2014

• Reported By: Loyal Metro Customer since 2007 — New Smyrna Beach Florida
Metro PCS
504 N Dixie Hwy New Smyrna Beach, Florida USA

Metro PCS Fraud, misappropriation of funds, illegal payments and extortion New Smyrna Beach Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: The factual events that occured

Every time I am forced to go in this store, it is a reminder me of what is wrong with this country.  How a company like Metro could allow people like this to represent them is beyond me.  The only thing this woman should be allowed to endorse is birth control.  Being a loyal customer for over 5 years, I decided to purchase a new phone from the local store.  They had a deal for $100 out the door on a new touch phone. Fine.  I handed over the $100 and was on my way.  Two days later on New Years Eve at 1:30PM Jennifer calls me.  "You need to get down here and pay me another $53  before I leave at 3:30 or your phone will be shut off!!"  This woman proceeds to explain to me how this was super important and they are going to cut my phone off..  She repeatedly said, that this had nothing to do with her and how she had done nothing wrong.  Again????!!!!  I am thinking "I GAVE YOU $100 FOR A NEW PHONE AND YOU DID WHAT WITH IT?????""  Is this a joke?  No, Jennifer is a joke.  Turns out, they took the $100 and paid PART of my upcoming phone bill AGAINST my WISHES OR REQUEST.  The balance apparently still due is now $53 and she wants her money for the phone still.  My bill wasn't due for another week.  Jennifer says that she doesn't know what I am talking about and so sorry.....where is my $53?  NO sense of responsibility or customer loyalty.  She should be selling pot pipes and condoms as well as Metro PCS phone and service from that store.  Bottom line...I paid my bill with Metro and that scumbag still had my phone shut off BEFORE the billing date.  To the dozens of people I have sent to Metro over the years, I'm sorry.   The service is great but the customer service is the WORST. Jennifer and that crappy little shack that has a Metro PCS logo on it is a disgrace to American business practices, the city of New Smyrna Beach and honest business people nation wide.  Sleep tight Jennifer you SCUMBAG.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2014 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS/New-Smyrna-Beach-Florida-32168/Metro-PCS-Fraud-misappropriation-of-funds-illegal-payments-and-extortion-New-Smyrna-Bea-1113683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

The factual events that occured

AUTHOR: store rep - ()

Dear Sir,

First let me start by saying that your attempt to bad mouth the New Smyrna Beach location and it's excellent staff is a bit weak, as any reader is able to clearly see you are a difficult individual to deal with. First off, to factually explain the events let me begin by stating that according to our records, Jennifer was not your sales rep, it was indeed a young woman by the name of Ashley. Ashley sold you your new phone for your existing service at the special of $100.00. As Ashley was both a new employee she made an error when processing your transaction. She accidently paid your cell phone payment for you. Now, this is where the situation became sticky. The manager, Jennifer, then called you to notify you of the mistake  to which you replied "oh well, her mistake". The store had made your monthly payment (which was due in a few days anyhow) and you thought you would make off with a free months service. Every Metro Pcs customer is aware that you recieve a text when your payment is made, and instead of being an honest individual you tried to back out of your financial responsibility. Jennifer noted that you needed to bring in the 53.00 for your montly payment as it was paid on your behalf. You then began to scream about financial difiiculites, having no money, that you weren't going to pay it, and so forth. After several phone calls and messages to which you refused to respond to, your service was suspended. The final call was indeed on New Years Eve as a courtesy that your service would be disconnected, and in order to prevent that from happening you would need to pay YOUR bill, which at that point was 4 days past due.

I will not dignify your slanderous comments about my staff with a response, once again any intelligent reader can see that you are a man with little respect.

I apologize to any reader who has had to read such vile, false statements about our location as we take customer service very seriously and pride ourselves on it. We look forward to serving our customers and ensuring they have a positive experience each and every visit!