Complaint Review: Metropolitan Womens Group

• Submitted: Fri, August 12, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, August 12, 2005

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Metropolitan Womens Group
1111 Spring Street, Silver Spring, MD Silver Spring, Maryland U.S.A.

Metropolitan Womens Group Unprofessional, Un-Trustworthy, Doctors' Office Ripoff Silver Spring Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Medical Assistant Quits/Fired

I went on an interview at a doctor's office for a Medical Assistant position. The doctor and the office consultant Mr. Kshuall, (Dr. Kimberly Campbell OB-GYN. MD) ask me why am I seeking another job? I told her that I am looking for honesty, team work, communication, and no drama! Dr. Kimberly Campbell look at me and said; this office is drama free and we are honest. I got a good vibe from the office so at the current time I gave my at the time a 2 week notice.

I started my new job at Dr. Kimberly Campbell MD, Dr. Leslie Simmons MD and Dr. Yolanda Hackney-Robertson MD. I first day I was there I found out that the Mr. Kshuall quick without giving notice; I wondered why? because he told me that this is a great office to work for and he ended up leaving without notice. That should have been my first cue that something is going on in this office.

I when to Dr. Campbell and ask her about the health insurance, and my paid holiday; she said to me that part-time employee's do not get health insurance and paid holiday; I said to her that Kshuall told me that I get health insurance and paid holiday. Dr. Campbell said you know we are paying you more than the other medical assistant we have here, and we could have hire someone else that would of taken less money. So I think to myself what is she trying to tell me (I need to stop asking question? be satisfied with the pay rate or else I can be replace), this is what going through my head, I said to myself It's time to leave. On Wednesdays I am off, I went on a few interviews and the office that I like was the office that called back first, so I took the position as a MA.

I gave Dr. Campbell my 2 weeks notice, during the first week of my notice that Friday was pay day, so I check my bank account and my check was not deposit, I call Dr. Campbell told her that my check was not in bank what is going on; she said that is should be there, and that she will call payroll and find out what is going on, through that hole day I am very upset. I said to myself I bet they mail my check, come to find out they did mail my check to my house. At the end of the day I after they have used me to finish help with patients Dr. Simmons said to me, hum ! since you gave 2 weeks notice, you do not have to come back next week, because we will be closing the office all next week. I said OK! and I still took the lads down to the lab box for it to be pick up. I said to myself can not believe they did me so dirty. They fried me because I gave them a 2 weeks notice that I am Leaving their practice; and here I thought I was being nice for only being their 1 month and giving them a notice out of the goodness of my heart.

These doctors are not very nice people; they are very deceitful, and I am very happy I left there. They charge $30 to fill out patient forms such as disability forms after the patients have paid for very expensive office visits and procedures. This is not very customer-frindly and anyone looking for a doctor should avoid this office at all cost.

Syreeta
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2005 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metropolitan-Womens-Group/Silver-Spring-Maryland-20910/Metropolitan-Womens-Group-Unprofessional-Un-Trustworthy-Doctors-Office-Ripoff-Silver-Sp-153490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metropolitan Womens Group

Medical Assistant Quits/Fired

AUTHOR: LR, MD - ()

While reading your report off complaint, I am glad you left the practice. I would be fearful that your spelling and venacular deficiencies could have caused harm in filling out very important prescriptions. Remedial course work in R.E.L.A. at the local community college is highly suggested!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC