Complaint Review: Meyers Metal Detectors

• Updated: Wed, October 16, 2013

• Reported By: JD — mesilla park New Mexico
Meyers Metal Detectors
5601 N. Florida Ave Tampa, Select State/Province USA

Meyers Metal Detectors Meyers Printing Inc Sold a bad Pro Pointer, told me to deal with Garret myself. ALL Sale Final. Beware of this guy. Tampa Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Refund Offered

*Author of original report: Manufacturer stepped up and replaced defective Pro Pointer.

Being a member of a online metal detecting forum called, The Friendly Metall Detecting Forum. I was in the market for a better pin pointer for my hobby. I found one of the sponsors in the forum and ordered a Garret Pro Pointer hand held metal detector. The Pro Pointer is a great tool if your in the hobby, and I was excited to recieve it. Shortly after the pin pointer started acting up, falsing. Falsing is where there is no target there but the Pro Pointer beeps anyway. I contacted the Seller, Phil at Meyers Detecting and was told to change the batterys. When this didnt work I was told to call Garret the manufacturer.

The phone calls and emails went on for months. I even returned the Pro Pointer to Garret for a replacement. But they sent me the old Propointer back, still broken. I then asked the web site owner of The Friendly Metal Detecting Forum how they could let folks be ripped off.

Carol, co owner of The Friendly Metal Detecting Forum informed me I would be banned from the forum if I continued in the forum. So I posted the problem on another forum not affiliated in anyway with Carols forum. I was banned and can not reproduce the email exchanges, which may be the point. I also can not contact phile there so have brought my claim here.

While Garret has stepped up to fix this problem, I have still not recieved a replacemnet, 3 months later. Garret has a warranty that if you read it it is there to protect Garret and not the buyer. Phil of Meyers Metal Detecting will say he will refund or replace but he will not. On the sales reciept it plainly says all sales final on metal detectors and supplies. This was not what he told me on the phion.

So beware buying anything from a sponsor on The Friendly Metal Detecting Forum, or from Meyers Metal Detecting as you may get stuck with a lemon. My only recourse is to buy another Propointer, retails at $149.95 to get a good one. The Propointer when it works is a must have item for any metal detector hobbiest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meyers-Metal-Detectors/Tampa-Select-StateProvince-33604/Meyers-Metal-Detectors-Meyers-Printing-Inc-Sold-a-bad-Pro-Pointer-told-me-to-deal-with-G-1092425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meyers Metal Detectors

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Refund Offered

AUTHOR: phil - ()

John, We have been in business since 1982 with a spotless record. I was shocked to get this report because  I offered full refund so there could be no rippoff. We have never spoke about this issue only emails. Anyway it appears Garrett (manufacturer)  sent you a Propointer so hopefully this problem has been taken care of. If not please contact me. Thanks

Manufacturer stepped up and replaced defective Pro Pointer.

AUTHOR: JD - ()

The Pro Pointer has been replaced by the manufacturer. I consider the matter closed.