Complaint Review: MGNY Consulting

• Updated: Mon, July 01, 2013

• Reported By: D. Long — Indiana
MGNY Consulting
10 Jay Street Brooklyn, New York USA

MGNY Consulting AKA Real & Proper Inc. Scamming thieves... Beware! Brooklyn New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SUMMONS

*UPDATE Employee: Notice to Anonymous Poster

*Author of original report: CORRECTION

These people contacted me (via solicited mail) in early June 2013 offering to lower my property taxes for property that I own in NYC (I still don't know how they found me in Indiana). I called the number to find out how they knew my property details (my name, valuation, amount owed/paid in taxes, etc.) and was redirected to a man by the name of Michael Geylik who assured me that he was an "accountant" and that he did this for a living and had many years in this industry. I felt like he knew what he was talking about so I agreed to have his services done on my property.

Fast forward to May 2013, I found that the services and information they were trying to charge me for are listed on the internet FOR FREE!!! I called Mr. Geylik back and told him not to contact me anymore and NOT TO CASH the check I sent because he wanted to charge me for information that a simple google search would render. I DEMANDED that he send me my check and information back and he said that they don't do that and not to worry that they wouldn't cash the check. OK... I still want my personal information back! He hung up on me! Furthermore, he isn't a CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANT whatsoever! Beware of this company and this man! They are still calling me and sending me unwanted correspondance! I want my personal information back!!!! Frauds!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MGNY-Consulting/Brooklyn-New-York-11201/MGNY-Consulting-AKA-Real-Proper-Inc-Scamming-thieves-Beware-Brooklyn-New-York-1063622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MGNY Consulting

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

SUMMONS

AUTHOR: SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK - ()

May 9, 2014

-against-

“Diana Long,”

Index No.: 500608/2014

Venue is proper pursuant to CPLR §503,

inasmuch as the plaintiffs reside in the

County of Kings, State of New York

Defendant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------X

To The Above-Named Defendant(s):

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED and required to answer the complaint in this action and to serve a copy of your answer, or, if the complaint is not served with this summons, to serve a notice of appearance, upon the Plaintiffs’ Attorney(s) within twenty (20) days after the service of this summons, exclusive of the day of service (or within thirty (30) days after the service is complete if this summons is not personally delivered to you within the State of New York). In the event you fail to appear or answer, judgment will be taken against you by default for the relief demanded herein. The action will be heard at the Courthouse of the Supreme Court, in Kings County, located at 360 Adams Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201.

Dated: New York, New York

New York, NY 10116

201-956-7071

Notice to Anonymous Poster

AUTHOR: MGNY - ()

Please take notice that MGNY Consulting Corp has initiated a defamation action in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York. The address of the courthouse is 60 Centre Street #5, New York, NY 10007.

The Case number is 155992/2012. As part of this pending action, we seek to subpoena Xcentric Ventures LLC for information about your identity and your contact information.

You have a right to file and serve a response to the subpoena request anonymously. If you intend to file and serve a response, please do so, or notify us of your intent to do so within 14 days of this Notice.

CORRECTION