Complaint Review: MH3

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: Janet — Hollywood Florida
MH3
2338 Rowland Avenue Savannah, Georgia USA

MH3 2 skin preparation advertised FREE; billed credit card $79.95, 89.95. Cancelled further shipments, shipped anyway & billed again $79.95, 89.95.. Savannah Georgia

I answered an on 0n-line ad for 2 types of skin preparation to eliminate wrinkles and promote a smooth complexion. "Free" samples were mailed to me. At the end of April I was surprised to note that my credit card had been charged for both, @ $79.95 and $89.95 respectively. Since I was not pleased or satisfied with the products, I telephoned them and asked them why I had been charged full price for the "free" samples. I was told that if I was not pleased, I should have notified them within 14 days.

I told them to remove me from their customer list; they e-mailed me a confirmation that  further shipments had been cancelled, and that I would not be billed for any more payments.

I was astonished when another shipment arrived, signed for at the security desk of the condo where I live. I debated sending it back, and then thought "Why should I have to pay the postage for something I did not want and had specifically not asked for?" Today (May 29th) I received another credit card bill on which I was charged for the 2 items: $79.95 and $89.95 respectively. I called the number shown on the credit card bill, and was told that I should have notified them within 14 days.

In vain I protested that I had received an e-mail confirming the cancellation of my account and that I would not be billed in the future. They repeated that if I was not satisfied, I should have notified them within 14 days, I told them I would gladly return the items in question, and they told ne it was too late; I should have returned them within 14 days of receiving them.

I am 85 years old. I am not penniless, but I am living on a fixed income and am far from wealthy. I had unusually high medical and dental bills this past month, and I am very upset about this unexpected bill for something I emphatically do not want.

(The address on the boxes in which the shipments arrived showed no company name, just the street adddress in Savannah. The toll-free telephone number I called to complain about the second shipment was folloiwed by UT, which I am certain means that some part of the company is located in Utah.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MH3/Savannah-Georgia-31404/MH3-2-skin-preparation-advertised-FREE-billed-credit-card-7995-8995-Cancelled-furt-1054812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MH3