Complaint Review: miami auto collection

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: man u fan — chantilly Virginia
miami auto collection
5379 Northwest 7th Street miami, Florida USA

miami auto collection they couldnt tell the truth if you paid them miami Florida

*Author of original report: Read the whole story please

*Consumer Comment: Blame Them For What YOU Did. How Nice.

These guys are without doubt the reason that car dealers have a f!@K*&g awful and well deserved reputation.

I contacted them about a range rover which was for sale. The price looked good and even though I live in Virginia it seemed worth the trip. After many emails about the car and its condition. and conversations with the guy who claimed to be the owner.I put a down payment on the vehicle and started to make arrangements to fly down and proceed. they then increased the price on the car!

They claimed they had undersold it.

So what..... you do a deal.....and that should be it.

They talked about there fees which amounted to nearly $1200 to get the price up. [continued below]....

.....

Even though they did this the car seemed good value for money so foolishly I proceeded to fly down to pick it up.

When I got there the inspection revealed the tyres needed replacing as they were very worn( they had told me they were in great condition) and worst of all the 4 wheel drive system for off road showed it was innoperative. They allowed me to drive it to a range rover dealer to check it out and it turned out to be another $900 to fix it.

I had no return flight ticket and was faced with a decision. I decided that the rest of the car seemed good so I went ahead. then they tried to fiddle the sales tax but fortunately i had done my homework and had an out of state notorized document to make sure I only paid va tax 3% not the Florida 6% . They wanted to take that off me also.

It looks like they never even registered the car with the dmv so Ill probably have to pay that again when they find out.

Driving the car back it started to billow white smoke and noises started to happen. At 11 pm and 300 miles up I-95 there wasnt much I could do.

I limped home to find more issues and green liquid leeking from the engine and transmission lights and check engine lights all on.

I contacted them and I may as well have talked to the brick wall I got in my face.

It was sold as is and unlike lots of states their is no consumer protection as we have in Virginia.

Thats why the probably do their business there.

They failed to send the title to me until i repeatedly complained and then it arrived and hadnt been transfered!!!

The repairs look like about $8000!

Unbelievable !!

I am the shmuck I suppose for buying the car but what a bunch of scum bags.

Just seen that they are still advertising the car I bought on autotrader and also another one in white which sounds like the same description as the one they used on my disaster.

Good news is, I charged back some the money they charged me and amex said they never even replied to the complaint.

Alos check out the complaints on the better business Bureau ....there are lots.

they didnt respond to my complaint through the BBB either.

Buy from these people at your peril.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/miami-auto-collection/miami-Florida/miami-auto-collection-they-couldnt-tell-the-truth-if-you-paid-them-miami-Florida-1079656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on miami auto collection

Read the whole story please

AUTHOR: man u fan - ()

Either you are working for these crooks or perhaps you have selective vision.

I accept that it was my fault for proceeding with these scum bags but i was unable to get the car checked out from VIRGINIA!!!.

The reason for reporting them is because they are crooks plain and simple. I hope that this and the other complaints about them, which are numerous, will prevent other people dealing with them.

If you believe that everyone is fair game for a rip off, thern you are as bad as them. Most states protect people from crooks like this and have at least taken some stand against the unscrupulous dealings of people whos sole intention is to screw the customer. Miami  florida si one that demonstrates a total lack of interest in its inhabitants. No surprise after the previous election fixing.

Blame Them For What YOU Did. How Nice.

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Once upon a time your tongue was hanging out, all for a dumb car.  So you threw common sense out the window to buy this stupid car without having it checked out by YOUR mechanic, because you "just had to have" that dumb car.

Should this dealership have been honest?  Absolutely!  Everyone knows however, when you deal with car dealers, "honesty" is NOT a word in the vocabulary of far too many.  The way we protect ourselves against these traps is to be a smart consumer.  Enjoy you wreck!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC