Complaint Review: Michael Anders

• Reported By: Easy Property Solutions LLC — Virginia Beach Alabama
Michael Anders
3332 Dominion Ave Norfolk, Virginia USA

Michael Anders HVAC conman, Craigslist Fraudster Norfolk Virginia

I posted an ad on CraigsList looking for an HVAC contract to put in a 3-ton Carrier A/C unit for me. Michael Thomas Anders responded that he could do it for $1600 for materials and labor.

He said he worked at SMI Mechanical on 35th St in Norfolk, and he could do the job on the side.  He said the unit would cost $1,100 and he would be getting $500 labor which sounded fair (too good to be true in retrospect).  I met him at SMI to give him a $600 deposit for the unit on Friday, May 31st 2013.  I had him sign a contract and I also asked if I could see his Driver's License and HVAC license.  I took a picture of each with my iPhone luckily so I could be sure of who I was dealing with.  I watched him walk into the building to supposedly buy the unit.  He assured me it would be delivered within an hour or two and he would do the installation that day.

Well on Friday, he called to say they accidentally pulled a 2 ton unit at the warehouse. [continued below]....

.....  He had to wait for them to pull a 3-ton unit and asked if it would be ok if he came in the morning at 9:00.

The next morning, I called him at 9:00 and he answered saying he was in the hospital because he kid had an ear infection.  He would be over as soon as he could.  He texted me around noon that he was on his way over.  Well 3 hours later he had not arrived.  I called and he did not answer.  He texted me "I think I am lost in your neighborhood.  I am on the phone with my boss. I will call you in a few minutes."  Well he never showed up or answered his phone after I waited around all day.

The next day Sunday, June 2nd I called and he did not answer.  I got a text from what was allegedly his brother that was assuring me that Mike would take care of me and was "reputable hardworking individual that wasn't a con".  He also assured me that Mike had purchased the A/C unit because he "helped him unload it from his truck".  I think it was Mike texting me the hogwash all along.  I told him I would be going to the police if I didn't get a refund or my unit.

On Monday, June 3rd Mike texted me to meet him at the WaWa on Hampton Blvd to give me a refund.  He said he was leaving at 12:30 and would be there by 1:00 PM.  I was up there at 1:00 PM waiting...him texting me that he was on his way and stuck in traffic.  I called him at 2:00 PM and he said he was stuck in traffic and was 15 minutes away.  I waited another 30 minutes and he still didn't show up.  I left and he never called me back, presumably never even showing up to meet me with the refund.

Tuesday, June 4th.  I met with the Norfolk Police Detective Unit. I have to wait 10 days to pursue contractor fraud.  I also called SMI Mechanical, and asked if Michael Anders worked there, and they said they did not have an employee of that name.

Save yourself the trouble and don't consider dealing with this conman fraudster.  His phone number is 757-214-3286 (7572143286).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Anders/Norfolk-Virginia-23518/Michael-Anders-HVAC-conman-Craigslist-Fraudster-Norfolk-Virginia-1056219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Anders