Complaint Review: Michael Berman, Great Plains Moving and Storage

• Submitted: Thu, April 14, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 14, 2011

• Reported By: Lauren — Aurora Colorado United States of America
Michael Berman, Great Plains Moving and Storage
4990 Dahlia St., Denver, Colo. Srings and Fort Collins, Colorado United States of America

Michael Berman, Great Plains Moving and Storage Deceived me with the time and cost of move. Breached their contract, and damaged my furniture and equipment. Denver, Colo. Srings and Fort Collins, Colorado

Great Plains Moving and Storage/North American Van Lines sales rep Jason Beek came to my office and gave me a bid. He lied to me, telling me the move would take no longer than 7 hours at a cost of $880.50. He guaranteed me that he was acutely aware of how long the move would take because he worked for a moving company in college and this move would take no more than 7 hours.

The move took over 16 hours at a cost to me of $1944.00. The sales rep, Jason Beek did a "bait and switch" on me. I wrote several letters of complaint to the owner of the company, Michael Berman with no response.  I sent a letter to the CEO of North American Van Lines, Michael Wolfe who passed the buck back to Michael Berman.  The movers damaged my $12,000 copy machine to such a degree that it is unusable. They destroyed the motherboard and bent the frame of the copier.

The contract clearly stated that Great Plains Moving and Storage would wrap all electronic equipment, put it on an electronic cart and stabilize it. They did none of that. I had two people stay with me during the entire move as witnesses. The company refuses to pay for any damages or the overcharge in the move because I did not get extra insurance. I would not have needed extra insurance if they had not breached their contract. My attorneys call this civil theft. To file a lawsuit would cost too much, so I am here to warn everyone; Do Not Do Business with Great Plains Moving and Storage unless you want to get screwed big time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2011 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Berman-Great-Plains-Moving-and-Storage/Denver-Colo-Srings-and-Fort-Collins-Colorado-80216/Michael-Berman-Great-Plains-Moving-and-Storage-Deceived-me-with-the-time-and-cost-of-mov-717704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Berman, Great Plains Moving and Storage