Complaint Review: Michael Purdy

• Updated: Sun, April 07, 2013

• Reported By: David — Melbourne Florida
Michael Purdy
162 Puerto Acapulco Internet, Select State/Province United States of America

Michael Purdy bajappg, baja ppg, bajappg.com, www.bajappg.com, worldppg, world ppg, worldppg.com, www.worldppg.com, paragliding.mx, www.paragliding.mx, BajaPPG / Michael Purdy refused to refund my free flight training deposit. Don't trust him!! Internet

My name is David Malis and below are the details pertaining to my dispute of charges involving the merchant WWW.BAJAPPG.COM.

I was scheduled to travel to Baja California, Mexico, 13-20 February 2013, to attend a highly specialized, individualized, paragliding flight training.

Due to the uniqueness of the location/terrain, the merchant, BajaPPG (owner: Michael Purdy), subcontracted with an experienced, local, flight instructor to provide the training. The local flight instructor lives in Baja California and flies the instructional site on a daily/weekly basis and has unique and unparalleled experience with this specific location; there are no other free flight instructors at this location.

I became aware---six (6) days prior to departure for Mexico---that, due to a business dispute between BajaPPG/Michael Purdy and the local flight instructor, that the local flight instructor would NOT be providing the training. I contacted BajaPPG/Michael Purdy, and he verified the above. Furthermore, BajaPPG/Michael Purdy confirmed that he was unable to fulfill his advertised, contracted, obligation to me to provide an experienced, local, flight instructor to provide my training,

I informed him that, understandably, his contract with me was invalidated and that I wanted my registration fee of $990 refunded. The merchant, BajaPPG/Michael Purdy, very impolitely refused and advised me that he was trying to get another flight instructor and that the registration would not be refunded.

Clearly, this type of training is location/terrain specific and another flight instructor---who is unfamiliar to the training location---is unsatisfactory and represents an unacceptable risk and variability (in an already risky sport). I clearly expressed this latter concern to the merchant, BajaPPG/Michael Purdy, who promptly hung-up the telephone.

In summary, the merchant, BajaPPG/Michael Purdy, violated their ability to provide the contracted services to me by being unable to provide a certified local flight instructor.

Because BajaPPG/Michael Purdy refused to refund my deposit, I was forced to rescind my credit card payment which took several weeks to effect and was an unnecessary waste of my time.

Please let the above serve as sufficient warning to consumers: BEWARE OF DOING BUSINESS with BajaPPG.com, Baja PPG, or Michael Purdy. Since BajaPPG/Michael Purdys business operations are in Mexico, it may be difficult for a customer to obtain adequate relief from the Mexican authorities for an otherwise valid claim.

David J. Malis, MD, FACS, FAAP

www.MyFamilyENT.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2013 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Purdy/Internet-Select-StateProvince-/Michael-Purdy-bajappg-baja-ppg-bajappgcom-wwwbajappgcom-worldppg-world-ppg-worldp-1041400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Purdy