Complaint Review: Michael's House Palm Springs, Ca.

• Submitted: Wed, August 07, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, August 07, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Long Beach California
Michael's House Palm Springs, Ca.
2095 Indian Canyon Dr. Palm Springs, California USA

Michael's House Palm Springs, California Rip Off $15,604.00 for 8 days of non- treatment Palm Springs California

*General Comment: Michaels House saved my life

Michael's House charged $15,604.00 for 8 days of treatment.  This place is a joke.  They did not delivery on anything they promised when signing in to treatment.  I was told I would get individual personalized therapy, I got the opposite.  They told me I would only get charged for the time I was there, if I left pior to 30 days.  Well,  I paid my portion of 30 day stay, only stayed 8 days Because it was so ridiculous I could not stand it another day.  I was there voluntarily because I became physically addicted to pain pills.  I had already detox in hospital because doctors said it would be very dangerous for me to just stop taking all the medication I was on.  I was told I could leave anytime I wanted.  Not the case.  I told them I wanted to leave after 3 days because I realized at this point that I had been lied to.  They said I would get the treatment I signed up for in a couple of days, they just had to assign me a primary therapist.  That never happened.  So after  8 days of the ridiculous place I told the head R.C. That I wanted to leave, That this was not the program I thought I was getting she told me my personal items were not at this house, and she would get them from other house and bring them to me.  I asked her when she thought this would be, she replied 2 to 3 hours or when she got around to it.  This was at approximately 9:00 am.  I explained that I needed to make travel arrangements as i was 2 hrs from home.  She was very very rude and told me I did not have phone privileges. I then told her that I did not need there phone I have a phone that I have requested.  I found a back gate that was open so, to get my things I had to go to a local business and asked them to call Palms Spring police dept. they did and my phone, I.D., ATM & money where there in 20 mins. This is just a small part of the totally ridiculous things that went on in this place.  And this is what I was charged $15,604.00 for?????  They will not return my calls or give me a refund as they said I would get.   I have been totally ripped off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michaels-House-Palm-Springs-Ca/Palm-Springs-California-92262/Michaels-House-Palm-Springs-California-Rip-Off-1560400-for-8-days-of-non-treatment-1073947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael's House Palm Springs, Ca.

#1 General Comment

Michaels House saved my life

AUTHOR: shanna - ()

Okay first of all it doesn't even sound like you and I went to the same place! I completed my 30 days and they fulfilled every requirement as promised.... I will say your 8th day is the hardest and a few people wanted to go home... I was included in that group. That's just the nature of our disease. When we get uncomfortable we want to fix it the only way we know how... our drug of choice. They have 3 exit prevention people of your peers to talk to you

but the gate is always unlocked from the inside. I mean come on, you could climb up and over if you wanted. They DO NOT keep you against your will. Did I see people leave?  Sure I did... but that's because some thought it would be a retreat or a spa.  Not the case. You are fighting for your life, to make a better one and that's no easy task. It is hard work and sometimes downright uncomfortable talking about your demons. But you really will never heal unless ALL of that garbage is out of you and left at the curb! As you level up you go on outings and you are feeling better, eating better (you forgot to mention the chef who prepares three huge meals a day) and looking better!

You only get out of it what you put in and I'm very happy with my results and I'm very proud of how strong I've become. I can honestly say Michaels House saved my life.... with the skills they taught me I can now be whatever I want to be without being ashamed. I will always be an addict BUT I know what I have to do to stay sober just for today.  And I will continue to say that each and every day and thank God for allowing me to put me where I needed to start my healing process. Michaels House...