mail

• Updated: Wed, January 08, 2014

• Reported By: Mindy — Burlington Ontario
Michelle's Everlasting
2353 Lakeshore Rd W Oakville, Ontario Canada

Michelle's Everlasting Double eye infection after having Michelle place eyelash extensions on me without washing her hands..leaving room several times to answer phone Oakville Ontario

I would like to report my horrible experience on December 4th 2013 at Michelle's Everlasting in Oakville.  I had purchased a Groupon to have eyelash extensions. I then agreed to pay for an upgrade for mink lashes to be used....total cost approximately 85 dollars.

The owner, Michelle, briefly explained the procedure to me and then she had me recline and started attaching the lashes without ever washing her hands.

She left the room at least 3 times to answer the phone and never washed her hands!

I felt uncomfortable but didn't say anything....just decided I would never go to this salon again.  Left the salon with her instructions not to get the lashes wet.

Following day, my eyes felt very watery....I assumed I was just getting used to the new lashes.  The next day, Friday December 6th, I awoke with exudate with both my eyes....and the "whites" were now red!  I called Michelle....she tried to say this was a "reaction" from the glue...I told her I thought my eyes were infected and I did tell her that I was uncomfortable that she never washed her hands.

She said she doesn't actually "touch" me with her hands...she uses tweezers to apply the lashes.  I asked her if they had been sterilized and she did not answer me.

I asked to have the lashes removed...she scheduled me for Saturday Dec 7th.  I went to the walk in clinic before I went to her salon and the doctor there indeed confirmed that I had infection in both of my eyes.  I was prescribed antibiotic drops to be used 3x a day for 5 days.

Michelle then proceeded to remove my lashes....curiously, she washed her hands several times (as she left the room several times again to answer calls during this appt too)

After she removed them she told me "don't worry...even if you do have an infection, your eyes will be fine...nothing to worry about"  I then showed her the antibiotic drops I was prescribed and told her I expected a full refund....she adamantly refused!

She said she was "being nice" to not charge me the 15 dollars it cost to remove the lashes and she offered me a manicure!  I explained to her I wasn't interested in ever going to her salon again when she has such poor hygiene practices!

She kept saying it wasn't her fault...I told her I would report her to the public health...which I did.  They sent an inspector to her salon and of course, she denied everything...she said she washed her hands when she applied my lashes.  The inspector told me that her salon is being investigated because she is doing permanent make up (she mentioned she did permanent eye liner on the previous client to me) and she has been told she cannot do this because she has not provided public health with the proper protocol for this.

This was a horrible experience for me....my left eye still is not completely healed.  I have not worn my contact lenses since this ordeal and I feel that this woman is still open....ignoring proper hygiene practices...endangering other womens' health...... and I just wish that I can be a beacon to warn others and hopefully, action will be taken to shut this salon down!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 06:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michelles-Everlasting/Oakville-Ontario-L6L-1H4/Michelles-Everlasting-Double-eye-infection-after-having-Michelle-place-eyelash-extension-1113810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michelle's Everlasting