Complaint Review: Microsoft ZUNE

• Submitted: Wed, November 21, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: RIP-Zune — Hondo Texas United States of America
Microsoft ZUNE
Microsoft Corporation (Attention Microsoft Legal - Redmond, Washington United States of America

Microsoft ZUNE ZUNE, X-Box Music, Microsoft They Changed my Account Type w/o my permission Redmond, Washington

Microsoft Zune requires a code to change features about your account. I have had a Zune Music account for years and had changed internet service providers. There system would not allow me to change my email address and kept sending a code to a defunct email account.

When I called to have them make the changes to my account; email address and Credit card for billing, they changed me from a points (for music account) to a no points account. This was done without my consent or knowledge.

As a result I can no longer purchase music with my account using points I paid for, 10 per month

When I contacted them about the change and requested it be changed back. They said it could and would not be done. I informed them that they were in breach of their contract, which stated that accounts in good standing would not be changed and would continue to receive the 10 points to purchase music each month.

Their response was as follows:   Tim B.: Ok, that looks like the email a customer would normally receive upon purchase. According to the email you purchased the subscription at 9.99. Now I can see where this  is non-intentional but if you had purchased the subscription at 9.99 then the subscription itself would be changed. While it does not state specifically that
this will change your subscription type, it does state you purchase the 1 month subscription(1 Month Music Pass- 1 Month Music PassPrice: $9.99Quantity: 1).  Since this is the case it does count towards changing your subscription.

Tim B.: If you are threatening legal action, Microsoft takes any legal threat seriously and your lawyer should direct their correspendance by mail or fax. Fax: Microsoft Corporation (Attention: Microsoft Legal - LCA) (425) 727-3490 Mail:
Microsoft Corporation (Attention Microsoft Legal - LCA), One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399

Chat session has been ended by the agent.

So to anyone thinking of getting a ZUNE account, you will get ripped off!!!

Former ZUNE member Montana548

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft-ZUNE/Redmond-Washington-98052/Microsoft-ZUNE-ZUNE-X-Box-Music-Microsoft-They-Changed-my-Account-Type-wo-my-permission-972376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft ZUNE