Complaint Review: microtec support

• Updated: Mon, March 10, 2014

• Reported By: Carol — Durham North Carolina
microtec support
10685 B Hazelhurst Drive # 14103 Houston, Texas USA

microtec support Greg, Brenda Smith and Aaron Shaw Phone call stating that microsoft had detected a problem with my computer that could lead to a crash and lost information. Houston Texas

Phone call claiming urgent situation with computer and that they could help fix the problem Indicatd thjey were with mocrosoft.  Difficult to understand and very rapid conversation pushing as the computer had lots of incidents recently logged.  Stated they could show me the log that lists the issues. Were vague in stating issues but kept saying they could show me.

I agreed to allow then to log on to show me the issues.  Kept saying it would not cost me anything.  After long converstation started sying there was a fis to the problems.  I relayed that the computer had Kaspersky internet security installed in january.  They then said that the Kaspersky was for the Vista and not Windows 7.  (I have since learned that this is a false statement.)

My expereince is the same as another ripoff reprot filed by James in 2012.  I have since found a FTC reprort released October 3, 2012.  It matches my experience. Title "FTC halts Massive Tech Support Scams."  I amnot sure they have been halted or if they have resurfaced.  I intend to ask this  to the FTC.

I have reported this to FTC and let microtec support know this.  they then began calling me to try and resolve the matter,  The final offer they made was for a $250 refund to the $467 charge.  My credit card can not dispute the charge as I signed an electronic letter that I agreed to pay for the servide and the 5 software programs at a reduced rate for a lifetime agreement.

I have yet to see the refund and have not been able to get written confirmation that a refund is in process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/microtec-support-/Houston-Texas-77043/microtec-support-Greg-Brenda-Smith-and-Aaron-Shaw-Phone-call-stating-that-microsoft-had-1129678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on microtec support