• Report: #1101937

• Updated: Mon, November 25, 2013

• Reported By: Lynn — Lansing Michigan
Microtec Support
10685-B Hazelhurst Drive #14103 Houston, Texas USA

Microtec Support $300 gone and my computer still crashes and doesn't install updates. They don't honor their refund policy. Houston Texas

I was called by a person named Marshall Smith of Microtecsupport.com who claimed to be a Microsoft certified consultant.  Very friendly.  An Indian accent.  I had been having problems with my computer not responding and not installing important updates. I thought he was responding to a help screen I had tried to access the day before.  He talked me into allowing him access to my computer and eventually into paying $300 for antivirus software and their service--  removing bad files.

The whole process took hours and my computer runs no better than before and still isn't installing important windows updates.  Then I saw the report on your site, which described my experience exactly--  even the part where they claim they're giving you a discount from prices charged at Walmart or Best Buy for the software and where they claim you're getting a lifetime version of the software, etc.

I called my credit card company to try and stop payment and spent an hour on the phone--  a three way call between a representative from my credit card company, who acted as my advocate, and a manager from Microtecsupport who so far has refused to honor their own refund policy.  This really is a scam.  I hope something can be done to stop it.

They also told me to change my passwords on my online bank accounts.  I didn't do that because my son advised me not too in case they still had access to my computer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2013 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microtec-Support/Houston-Texas-77043/Microtec-Support-300-gone-and-my-computer-still-crashes-and-doesnt-install-updates-The-1101937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microtec Support