Complaint Review: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton

• Updated: Mon, November 04, 2013

• Reported By: Other
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton
7046 Sunset Strip Ave. N. Canton, Ohio USA

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton Heartless liars and legalized crooks. N. Canton Ohio

May 2012 I was a guest at this hotel on my R&R from serving our troops in Afghanistan.  I was booked for 19 days.  I went outside to talk on my iphone and the damn hotel nearly burned down.  Everything except what was on my back was destroyed to the tune of $7K.  All the employees including Donna, the front desk clerk said "don't worry, they have good insurance."  Donna knew I was devastated and even said come back for a free nights stay.  (Yea right.)  So the owner Ohm Patel jacked me around for months and finally gave me the ins. phone number.  I called them and they had no clue I existed. I even contacted Wyndham corporate office and was informed the franchises are owned and there is nothing they can do.

Since the fire was from an undetermined source, I was set to get $500.  That's it.  By law, the state of Ohio only requires a certain amount of insurance and that is the set amount because Microtel was not liable.  A law that refers to "trunks", you know those containers used on ships when people travelled...like early 1900s.  By the way, this is a "smoking" hotel.

I had no home insurance.  I was working overseas.  I had to replace all my gear.  They never offered to help me in any way.  I went to a mediation and they just tucked their weak little pointy tails under there bare crotches and said, too bad, so sad but, that is the law.  How noble.  I paid my lawyer the $1,500 they so graciously offered me.  I had no choice as I was told I have no court case.

I hope you go to the website and notice the nice new hotel and how everyone is enjoying the over $2 million renovation.  Plenty of money there.  Microtel you suck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microtel-Inn-Suites-by-Wyndham-North-Canton/N-Canton-Ohio-44720/Microtel-Inn-Suites-by-Wyndham-North-Canton-Heartless-liars-and-legalized-crooks-N-Ca-1096823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton