Complaint Review: Midas Muffler

• Submitted: Mon, September 22, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2008

• Reported By:Lansing Michigan
Midas Muffler
4238 W. Saginaw Lansing, Michigan U.S.A.

Midas Muffler fuel filter Lansing Michigan

*Consumer Comment: You messed with it, you screwed it up, and want to blame someone else?

Last time I couldn't take off my fuel filter , then I called Midas Muffler at 4238 W. Saginaw Lansing Mi : 48917-2110 to change fuel filter for my car , then I asked how much is cost?. They told me cost $50.00 for new filter , before I took my car to Midas Muffler , I had check or looked at under of my car fuel filter no gas leaking .

08/26/2003 at 12:41:12 I took my car to them to checked and they told me go to waiting room then 15 min later they told me my car gas line is leaked by fuel filter. I couldn't believed it!. I asked them to show me then I took my finger and touch my gas fuel filter smelled no gas fuel leaked it is W 40 they spray on it!. Then I asked how much is cost to replace new gas line and new filter?. They told me total is $189.00 then I told them go head fix it !. Because I though my car 15 years old needed new gas line. But next time I wouldn't take my car to Midas Muffler again! Because they aren't honor to do business, please be carefull to take your car to this shop

Tho
Lansing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2003 06:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Muffler/Lansing-Michigan-48917/Midas-Muffler-fuel-filter-Lansing-Michigan-67325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Muffler

AUTHOR: Cardoc420 - (U.S.A.)

Did I read that right? You couldn't take off your fuel filter, so you called Midas at so-and-so address? Does that mean that you tried to do it yourslef? We all know what happened.....You couldn't get the line off the filter, so you broke out your handy pair of "get everything loose no matter what" Vicegrips and hacked up the fuel line to the point of no return, then decided that you would let someone else do it. You called Midas, made no mention that you just tried to repair you own vehicle, and asked them what it would cost to install a new fuel filter.

You take the car to them, still playing stupid, and are just flabbergasted when they inform you that not only do you need the fuel filter, but you now need a new fuel line. "It wasn't leaking before" was what you said, but what you should have said was "I tried to do it myself, and probably screwed up that fuel line trying to take if off with a pair of vicegrips." Instead you blamed them for trying to rip you off?? Leave your car repair to the people who get paid to work on them.

frozen