Complaint Review: MIDAS

• Reported By: sg1212 — West Mifflin Pennsylvania
MIDAS
2501 Saw Mill Run Blvd West Mifflin, Pennsylvania USA

MIDAS Auto Inspection West Mifflin Pennsylvania

My car also failed inspection in July at the Midas in West Mifflin.  I was told that my 5 year old car with only 13,000 miles on it needed 4 new brakes, 4 new tires, 4 new rotors, and an alignment to pass inspection totalling 1200 bucks.  Stupid me believed these guys considering I had work done their in the past (dealing with different personel).  Not only did I find out later I was overcharged for each tire by 40 bucks, I found out that I paid an additional $15 per tire for a lifetime warranty on them.  Also, after driving my car for 2 weeks I started hearing a loud screatching noise.  Took it back to them and was told that my caliper suddenly broke and they had one there and could replace it for another couple hundred bucks.  I kindly refused and took it to the dealer who had to order the part.  How ironic that this place had the caliper in stock and the dealer did not.  That leads me to believe that they in fact broke it when doing the bogus brake, tire, and rotor job to begin with and got the part in assuming I would be back claiming this on my lifetime brake warranty. I would not recommend being serviced at this facility!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2013 02:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MIDAS/West-Mifflin-Pennsylvania-15234/MIDAS-Auto-Inspection-West-Mifflin-Pennsylvania-1085952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MIDAS