Complaint Review: Middlesex Bank

22 Summer St Natick, Massachusetts USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Middlesex Bank Middlesex Savings Bank Scared me into silence! Not staying silent anymore. Middlesex Bank steals and lies! Beware. Natick Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: question

Big banks get a bad rep. And maybe deservedly so. Middlesex Bank hopes people will switch to them. Obviously smaller banks are a better bet. And safer! Well in some cases maybe, in mine sadly, no. One time I had a check for a significant amount coming out. I waited and checked my account online. When it finally cleared, I decided to pay my line of credit. This is synched to the checking account, it is like a credit card or extra money attached to the checking. The check went through, I paid down my credit. Then my check retroactively is rejected! Wait, hold on. How did I have the money and then I mysteriously don't? I called the bank and got a lot of nonsense. Not only did this cost me $29 from the bank, but $35 from the business the check was written to. How did I have money, then after the check clearing I somehow went negative and was charged $64!? I did get the $29 back, after a long conversation with customer service. But the $35 charged was still assessed and I am still confused about this whole thing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2013 09:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Middlesex-Bank/Natick-Massachusetts-01760/Middlesex-Bank-Middlesex-Savings-Bank-Scared-me-into-silence-Not-staying-silent-anymore-1103127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Middlesex Bank

question

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

What are you talking about??? If you stop the online/atm/phone balance nonsense and keep a check register then guess what?? You will not overdraw your account! I bank at a small bank but the rules still apply as well.  You are responsible for your money so take responsibility for it.