Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Wed, November 07, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 28, 2012

• Reported By:Santa Fe New Mexico
Midland Credit Management
8875 Acro Drive Suite 200 San Diego, California U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management Class Action Lawsuit Anyone San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: STOP ILLEGAL RE-AGING - Report to FTC 877-382-4357

*Consumer Comment: Sorry

My situation is pretty much the same as everyone else's who has reported on this company- They sent me a letter claiming to have purchased account, offered 40% settlement, gave me arbitrary deadline to accept their "generous" offer or would be reporting me the big 3. I have never had a delinquent account with company they claimed I owed $4,000 on, don't have an acccount with the company, etc.

As I researched Midland Credit Management I came across this site and began reading one horror story after another about what they had attempted to do to others. I immediately filed a complaint with the FTC, and am in the process of contacting every applicable agency I can think of to report these people to. I plan on taking the pro-active approach since I have no intention of allowing these losers to ruin my good credit.

I believe there is strength in numbers, so what about it other people who have been persecuted, ripped off and generally abused by these people, class action lawsuit anyone? It is doable. Just yesterday when I filed my complaint with the FTC I saw an article on their website about a company just like Midland Credit Management that just got nailed with a very large fine. With any luck they will be out of buisness. Wouldn't it be nice to put these people on the ropes, out of business and maybe even prosecuted? I think so.

As I read people's postings, it's clear that people are just trying to be decent, do the right thing, etc. When dealing with immoral people you can't play nice. It's not a term they get. I know that I will definately be suing them if they attempt to do anything to mess with my credit, and a class action law suit would just be icing on the cake. I have no idea how it could be organized via this web site, but I certianly believe it is worth considering for every person who has been a victim of Midland Credit Management.

Sandy
Santa Fe, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2007 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/San-Diego-California-92123/Midland-Credit-Management-Class-Action-Lawsuit-Anyone-San-Diego-California-283531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management

STOP ILLEGAL RE-AGING - Report to FTC 877-382-4357

AUTHOR: HOA_CONNEDo - (United States of America)

My situation is similar to your complaint.

I am proceeding with a federal lawsuit against MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT and CHASE BANK, N.A. for conspiring to ILLEGALLY RE-AGE an old account - one that was about to "expire" per statute of limitations.

The reason I stopped payment on the card was because CHASE BANK wrongfully foreclosed on my home due to homeowner association embezzlement and fraud. CHASE BANK cut off its own nose to spite its face. The wrongful foreclosure by CHASE BANK resulted in loss of rental income which was the source to pay the CHASE credit card bill.

MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT has re-aged this account to be approximately three years "newer", thereby, in theory, indefinitely (infinitely) extending the statute of limitations.  For this reason of indefinitely (infinitely) extending the statute of limitations, this practice is ILLEGAL and violates FDCPA and FCRA.

NONE OF THIS INFORMATION IS CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE.

Sorry

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

The only person who wins in class action lawsuit is the attorney(s)
Go to www.budhibbs.com
He has good information about these bottom feeder collection agencies
Good luck