Complaint Review: Midland Funding LLC

• Updated: Wed, December 11, 2013

• Reported By: UnemployedinMN — Marshall Minnesota
Midland Funding LLC
8875 Aero Drive, Suite 200, California USA

Midland Funding LLC Midland Credit Management, Inc. Company sued me for debt not owed; Ignores federal and state debt collection laws; ignores consent judgment 8875 Aero Drive, Suite 200 California

Midland Funding LLC sued me, claiming they bought a debt I allegedly owe for a credit card.

First, their debt collector, Midland Credit Management, Inc. began incessantly dialing my cell phone, and then when I finally answered were very threatening. I received a threatening notice from them, and promptly followed up with a validation request. Instead of validating the debt, they turned it over to Messerli and Kramer, a large law firm, who continued to harrass me with auto-dialed calls to my cell phone, with pre-recorded messages.

Then they sued me. During discovery, they sent me a heavily redacted bill of sale without attachments. One thing is obvious from what wasn't redacted. The credit card company they claimed they bought the debt from wasn't one of the sellers! In other words, they don't even own the debt they are suing me for!

I also found out Midland Funding LLC and Midland Credit Management are both parties to a consent judgment in which they agreed to fix abusive debt collection practices on future cases, such as additional requirement for validation requests, especially before suing people! Well apparently not only did they ignore federal and Minnesota laws, but they ignored a court order as well!

I sued them back, and brought in their original debt collector, and Messerli and Kramer, their law firm, as third party defendants.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Funding-LLC/8875-Aero-Drive-Suite-200-California-92123/Midland-Funding-LLC-Midland-Credit-Management-Inc-Company-sued-me-for-debt-not-owed-Ig-1106290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Funding LLC