Complaint Review: Midway Chevrolet Service Department

• Updated: Sun, August 04, 2013

• Reported By: Rip me off? Not Again! — Phoenix Arizona
Midway Chevrolet Service Department
2323 West Bell Road Phoenix, Arizona USA

Midway Chevrolet Service Department Service Advisor-93-Dragan Perikic Cold Blooded Rip Off Attempt Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Further investigation Proves

On January 28th, 2013, I took my vehicle to the service dept for a diagnosis of a problem with the electrical system. I was informed that the main fuse block had shorted out, and needed to be replaced. I authorized the repair, and requested that the old parts be returned to me. I diud a visual inspection of the old fuse block and did not find any burnt connections. No problems found during a continuity check either. My vehicle is back in for diagnostics for the same problem as before. This time it is the electronic brake module that shorted out, along with possible blown head gaskets. I am not an automotive technician, but I sure as hell aint no dummy either. I know that a blown head gasket will result in water in the oil, and/or water in a piston cylinder will make it so the engine wil;l not turn over. Before the vehicle went into the shop I had turned the engine with a wrench.

The main fuse block cost me almost $1100.00. The Electronic Brake Module will cost $1600.00, and I was told that this was just for getting the vehicle running so they could check for more problems.

I have discussed these issues with the service advisor to no avail. Service manager is next. Will update as needed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 05:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midway-Chevrolet-Service-Department/Phoenix-Arizona-85023/Midway-Chevrolet-Service-Department-Service-Advisor-93-Dragan-Perikic-Cold-Blooded-Rip-Of-1072889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midway Chevrolet Service Department

Further investigation Proves

AUTHOR: Rip me off? NOT! - ()

I sent inquiries to a company that resets/rebuilds ECBMs and found out that the vehicle will operate without the unit. Yet the dealer insists that is the problem that is preventing the car from starting. I have confronted the service dept with this info, but have not received a response.