Complaint Review: Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: Trace — Frisco Texas
Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety
12300 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 325 Los Angeles, California USA

Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety Page https://store.midwestcenter.com/takeyourlifeback says you may return the product at any time during the trial period. This is a lie Los Angeles California

Company web site https://store.midwestcenter.com/takeyourlifeback states:

You will not be charged today for any portion of Midwest Center Naturals Sleep & Relaxation supplements or for Shipping & Handling - the trial is completely risk-free. You will have fourteen (14) days to try the supplements in your home. After your fourteen (14) day risk-free trial, you will entered into Midwest Center Naturals's membership program and will be shipped an additional ninety (90) day supply and be billed at the preferred rate of $24.95 + $3.95 USD Shipping & Handling per month. You may cancel your subscription at any time by calling Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety's customer service team at + 1(866) 282-8894.

I called the number listed above on a Saturday (my trial period ended on a Sunday) and received no answer. [continued below]....

.....  I called back on Monday and was told that despite calling within the 14 day trial period, since the trial period was now expired I could not return the product unless I paid a "restocking fee" of $170.00, which I refused to pay.

I returned the product without any Return Authorization Number and cancelled my credit card to avoid incurring any additional charges from this company.  About 2 weeks later I received a phone call demanding that I pay the $69.99 (not $170.00) restocking fee or that my file would be turned over to collections which would like have a significant negative impact on my credit rating, which I have spent my entire life working on and currently sits at around 820.

I refused to be extorted out of $69.99 over a threat of having my credit damaged when the company did not honor their end of the agreement.  If they state that I may cancel my subscription "at any time" then I expect someone to be available to provide a Return Authorization Number "at any time" Interestingly, the company's sales department is open for business on the weekends, why is the customer support department closed?

Based upon the number of search results that are returned by a simple google search of the three words midwest center scam it would appear that I am not the only person that has been dissatisfied with the level of service provided.

Engaging in this sort of business practice is contemptible and even worse, it targets people that are already anxious or depressed.  I am not too worried though because in my experience what goes around comes around, Karma truly is a B*%&$...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-Center-for-Stress-and-Anxiety/Los-Angeles-California-90025/Midwest-Center-for-Stress-and-Anxiety-Page-httpsstoremidwestcentercomtakeyourlifeba-1133738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety