Complaint Review: Migrationexpert.com

• Updated: Tue, June 14, 2011

• Reported By: honorb4greed — Orlando Florida Australia
Migrationexpert.com
2 Penn Plaza, Suite 1500-39 New York, New York United States of America

Migrationexpert.com Migration Expert - US I needed ESTA visa waivers done and believed this was the US Govt website. Charged exhorbitant amount for identical service provided by US Govt Border & Protection. New York, New York

I needed to purchase 4 x ESTA visa waivers to USA.  I google searched and Migration Expert.com came up.  I completed a simple application form and was given ESTA visa result "completed". This was a "standard" form - and took only 2 minutes for waivers to be completed.  I was charged an exhorbitant total fee of $175.89 US and was told that this was a "Premium Service" that I was given. At the time I was unaware that this was a grossly overpriced charge. I believed that this was the fee I must pay to the US Government in order to obtain the visa waivers.

Later that same day, I checked with my airline and Australian Travel Advisory Service - and they warn against using Companies such as these who grossly overcharge and that this simple service is provided by the Official US Government Border & Protection website "esta.cbp.dhs.gov" for only $14 per person.

The above company makes business off unsuspecting, first-time International travellers, saying that that they offer a premium service, but in reality it is the same exact, duplicate service by official US Govt website.

I requested a partial refund and felt that it was more than fair for me to pay, say $10 each person for their "so-called service" plus the $14 each for the issuing of the visa waivers, but they refused, saying that I was given a full premium service and had the use of one of their lawyers to help.  This is an outright lie and their service is ultimately a clever "SCAM"!

Do not deal with this company at all.  I have checked on various forums, including Yahoo, under Migration Expert reviews - and others have experienced similar scams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2011 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Migrationexpertcom/New-York-New-York-10121/Migrationexpertcom-Migration-Expert-US-I-needed-ESTA-visa-waivers-done-and-believed-thi-740830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Migrationexpert.com