Complaint Review: Mike D. Rubin

• Phone: 469 323 9923
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Mike D. Rubin Scam artist Dallas Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: She finally has nothing to say bc she knows I am right but makes one final false allegation

*Author of original report: You are talking about old things that do not pertain to me anymore.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: How is defending allegations that I stole money elementary?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I respond because it's a lie

*Author of original report: You are absurd. My son lives with me full time and I have no child support.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Your comments are insulting and false

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please accept accountability for your actions

*Author of original report: Please also find that "truth" WHOM I DO NOT KNOW, Never recieved their paperwork either.

*Author of original report: I don't know who it is. I got an email saying there was a comment on ripoffreport.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Again if this is a real client-please tell me your name or contact me. Of course it won't happen bc it is a fake client.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I have never scammed anyone--Courtney is in denial and posts false reports

*Author of original report: I did not write that review nor, do I know who did it. Unlike you having someone you know report on here.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Courtney-I am offering again for you to get your money back if you are being honest.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: If I had acutally done this:

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: If this is a real client:

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Courtney files a false report and makes false client up

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Client Refuses Arbitration

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Still False

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fake Client

*Author of original report: So sorry other victim of Mr.Rubin

*General Comment: Yep, he took all the money and did zero work....

*Author of original report: I'm so sorry you fell victim to him also.

*General Comment: Yes, he scammed us as well

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: let's arbitrate

*Author of original report: He took 3k from a single mother and did NOTHING!

*Consumer Comment: comment

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Here we go again.

*Author of original report: Just look on Avvo

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Michael D. Rubin-#1 Rated Divorce Professional In Dallas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Some People Just Never Stop

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Still False

*Author of original report: Just look!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Completely False

Mike D. Rubin is a scam artist. He takes large amounts of money down from people struggling, makes them sign an agreement that his payment plans would be $300 every 1st and 15th, then sends countless emails saying he needs more money than that because of the countless emails he sends asking you to review the affidavit that he has many typos on. He copied and pasted a petition with minor changes , all typos. Copied and pasted my affidavit, again he made several typos including misspelling both of my children's names IN A FAMILY LAW CUSTODY CASE! He charged me 3,000$ for 5 papers he messed up. I paid it and he just dropped me because he wanted 1,500 more for emails that were all because of his mistakes and I told him so. The payment plan he suddenly doesn't recall! This is all in a matter of 3 months. 3k in the tubes and he was no where close to filing anything. After consulting with several attorneys after this, I was told by all this is his M.O. He always withdraws and has a bad reputation with his clients and in the courts. VERBATIM FROM HIS PEERS! IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY, DO NOT USE HIM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2013 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-D-Rubin/Dallas-Texas-75240/Mike-D-Rubin-Scam-artist-Dallas-Texas-1093298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike D. Rubin

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

You are messing with my reputation and livelihood. IF ME DEFENDING MYSELF MEANS I HAVE NO LIFE THAN SO BE IT. I will do anything to protect my livelihood and my family. Why not answer the questions I asked bc you know the truth and you say you don't lie. I guess me posting the order will get you to stop lieing. Again i gave you a chance to get prove your allegations and get your money back and you refused. At least you finally admitted that the sole purpose of your false report was to convince people not to hire me. Good luck. Michael Rubin

You are talking about old things that do not pertain to me anymore.

AUTHOR: - ()

Seriously, get a life. One that doesn't involve scamming people. I think no matter what you write from here on out, I gave people enough to look the other way.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

How is defending allegations that I stole money elementary?

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

I did not put you down . I gave facts. You blame me for your troubles and I am providing facts that you caused your own problems. Will you at least admit that I defended be the contempt against you and made it go away? Will you admit that you fell behind on child support and your ex filed a contempt against you? Will you admit that you had to seek a modification of a custody order bc you failed to show up for the final trial? If you deny it i will post the decree and motion filed against you to prove once and for all who is telling the truth. These documents are public record and anyone can access them. Oh and I guess all car sales and finance people are bad too? Michael Rubin

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I respond because it's a lie

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

Your comment that I respond so it must be true is absurd. I respond bc I will not let someone lie about me under any circumstances. Re: your situation i guess I should upload the order that proves the statements i made. Did you show up for your final trial? No Did you pay your social study fee? No Did your Ex file contempt on you? Yes. Did my advice keep you out of jail? Yes And none of this is privileged information. If you keep posting lies-i will.keep responding. My reputation is very important and I will defend it always. I offered you a chance to get your money back and you refused. Take care. Michael Rubin

You are absurd. My son lives with me full time and I have no child support.

AUTHOR: - ()

You don't know me or my situation, so stop putting lies out there about my children and I. You did what you did. Someone came on here and verified you did the same to them. Bad mouthing me as a parent when you have no clue what is going on is the lowest someone can get. I have no child support owed and you are acting like an elementary child trying to defend your actions by putting me down. If you are the so called un scamming, great attorney, you say you are then why does this post eat you up? Truth is truth. If you were true in what you said, you wouldn't be responding on here 1 minute after I have to come explain your idiotic personal insults. Grow up, you stole money unethically from me and obviously someone else and you think you can argue or debate your way out of it. Life doesn't work that way. Truth is truth.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Your comments are insulting and false

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

Again please review the 72 verified reviews on thumbtack with people i have helped. Unlike Courtney-I support my children and don't make up lies to cover up my own parenting shortcomings. You were given all paperwork you probably lost it and I will continue to defend myself as long as you keep posting false information. Michael Rubin

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please accept accountability for your actions

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

It saddens me that I have to continously refute your false claims. And tell people the truth about why you lost your kid's--not showing up for court-no paying child support...... Once you accept accountability instead of blaming me others than you will have peace.... Michael Rubin

AUTHOR: - ()

I don't know if a man or woman or who wrote that but, you didn't give them their paperwork either? Seriously, just own what you did to us. Find a legit way to make money that doesn't hurt people and their children. It's sad and sickening because we are fighting for children. The family we love. The most important thing in this earth. Go into car sales or finance at a dealership. They are the only ones I know who do what you do on a daily basis but, a car is a car. Children are people who hurt and you are ruining people's lives. I'm not saying is right what they do in the car businesses but, your hurting these children and took 3k from them which we are still suffering from.

AUTHOR: - ()

I am in court as I said. I don't have your contract because you didn't have copying privileges as the receptionist said. I never in a million years thought someone would go against their agreement. Especially because you greeted me everyday from thumbtack acting sincere to get me in to help me. If I had only known it was sinister to get the retainer. I was so desperate to get my kids from a bad situation I didn't even think about having the contract I signed in hand. Smooth move on your part taking that advantage from a desperate mother. Arbitration works to your advantage because you didn't get me my contract because you said you'd have a copy on our next visit. Which never happened. I could never do that to someone, so ya, bad on my part to believe people will do what they say. I know what I signed and you did not abide by it and then refused that it existed. I was completely scammed. You taught me a lot about the world and that good hearts and honesty and integrity are absolutely devoid in others. It hurts to know people like you exist. I DO NOT KNOW WHO POSTED THE OTHER POST. I DON'T LIE. IT WAS NEWS TO ME WHEN I SAW THE EMAIL. Just because someone said they experienced the same thing on here doesn't mean I have any clue who they are. Maybe, they'll step up and confirm that since you keep blaming me in a straight lie.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I have never scammed anyone--Courtney is in denial and posts false reports

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

Courtney: How is providing legal advice not work? Why are you refusing a chance to get your money back? If I had done what you allege I would be disbarred. Michael Rubin

AUTHOR: - ()

I have no time for you. You are out of my life for good and hopefully can't hurt other people as easily because of my post. I AM ACTUALLY IN COURT FIGHTING WITH A REAL attorney that did not take my money and drop me with no work done. An email saying pay your child support is not defense or work for me during my court case for child support. You did not come to one hearing. I'm sorry that other people came on here to explain their situation but, sorry not sorry because YOU DID IT TO THEM TOO!

#13 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

You want people to beleive that youd rather be a martyr  than acutally ahve a chance to prove your allegations and get your money back?

I will go offer you the chance to prove your case. If it determined you are correct I will refund you all over your money.

So what would you like to do?

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

If I had acutally done this:

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

I would be disbarred. Hence it shows its absurdity.

#15 REBUTTAL Owner of company

If this is a real client:

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

Than please disclose your name as do you want people to really  beleive that I woukd be stupid enough to openly take $10k and do no work whatsosever.

It makes no sense bc it is a false claim by Courtney.

#16 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Courtney files a false report and makes false client up

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

ANOTHER  FALSE REPORT BY COURTNEY.

Anytime a client discharges an attorney-the attorney immdiately  withdraws. I am not on any case where I have been fired and just delaying the withdrawal. That makes no sense.

I  have no current clients that currently have paid any where  close to a $10k retainer and wating for an invoice.

I am considereing filing defamation lawsuot against Courtney  because this getting out of hand. Accusing me of stealing is a serious thing.

All reviews on Thumback are verified unlike this site.

#17 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Client Refuses Arbitration

Courtney:

My offer or arbitration  is being refused by your bc you know the truth. I would hope that you have more going on with your life at this point than to continue to file false reports against me and "anonymous reports" against me.

Also--my reviews on thumbtracjk are  VERIFIED REVIEWS. That means they have to contact the client to make sure it was posted by them. Unlike this site--where you (which you have) can file hundreds of fales reports without any accountability  of verification.

I wish you well.

#18 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Still False

Courney:

Why do you insist on still lying about what happened. It was over two years ago and I know your upset that you lost custody of your kids but it was own affault accept responsibility for your actions.

Regarding my office space--anyone can verify with the secretary of state of my office location. I have been there for over ten years and I shar office space with my brother.

Please call me at 214-760-7777 if you hvae any questions.

#19 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fake Client

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

This is obviously a fake by post by Courtney or had a friend do it as she had no other response to my offer to arbitrate. I have no current client that resemble the alleged information in this post.

Michael Rubin

So sorry other victim of Mr.Rubin

AUTHOR: - ()

You cant get paperwork from him because the secretary of his brother's firm's office (where he pretends to have an office) said that he didn't have copying privileges? NO COPYING OR PRINTING privilege in his office? He scammed me by charging me for a ton of emails from him begging for more money than agreed upon. You owe blah blah blah, and of course he tells you over the phone. He can't make a paper trail, no privileges. Back to owing him, He charged me like $50 EACH email that read like "your case is really tight on money and your going to have to come up with more. He sent me tons of those emails then charged me for them. So sorry, so so sorry! I hope we can and already saved anyone thinking about using him.

#21 General Comment

Yep, he took all the money and did zero work....

AUTHOR: Truth - (USA)

He took over $10,000 from us and then he did everything possible to get us to fire him since he legally cannot quit without a goood reason. In fact we had to make our own paperwork and represent ourselves in court after we paid him so much!! We let him go because we had a monthly contract with him and he kept postponing our case just so he could get paid over $1000 a month for no work!  Final,y we fired him and asked him to just give us the paperwork we need to appear in court, and he would not even do that. He ripped us off, and the reason I am posting here is because I wish I wouldve had somebody warn me before we spent all our money, lost everyhing and got scammed. By the way I should have known something was not right when looking at thumbtack, all the other attorneys have around 10mrevirws, but Michael D. Rubin has over 70, yeahhh... I shouldve realizes then that something is just not right. Also, if you ask for a statement, good luck getting it. A iyear later and I am still waiting for my statement to see where all the retainer fee went.. Scam artist

I'm so sorry you fell victim to him also.

AUTHOR: - ()

His arbitration bull isn't even worth my time, as if I had any fighting the case he was supposed to with a real lawyer that cares and actually does stuff for the money you pay him. My main goal is to stop this from happening to anyone else. So, there's your answer, Mr. steal everyone's money and put in zero work, then drop them.

#23 General Comment

Yes, he scammed us as well

AUTHOR: Truth - (USA)

he is a scam artist, he did the same thing to us...

#24 REBUTTAL Owner of company

let's arbitrate

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

Courtney:  I have an offer for you since you apparently refuse to admit the truth. Let's submit our issue to arbitration. If you are successful I will pay your arbitration fees. If i am successful you don't have to pay me back anything. So if you are right in your position you have no thing to lose. There is no reason for you not to accept this offer bc if you're telling the truth than I have said i will reimburse you the arbitration fee. Re: the comment below-I know who posted it but they have seen your comments and the fact that after two years you sill refuse to accept accountability for your actions they did not want to become another innocent victim of your attacks. So let an a third independent party decide once and for all who is telling the truth and re: nothing I did for you you keep forgetting that i handled your contempt case and kept you out of jail. Let me know your decision. Michael Rubin

He took 3k from a single mother and did NOTHING!

AUTHOR: - ()

Did you notice how the consumer came right after his last rebuttal. A day, and anonymous. Hmmmm..

AUTHOR: - (USA)

Mr. Rubin has helped many in the most desperate of times. He has many clients referred to him. Courtney has said things about him that are unfathomable to me as I have never heard one negative comment about him. Mr. Rubin has practiced in front of me and many other judges and exemplifies what an attorney should be. I know he had some health issues that caused him to have stop practicing for awhile which may had led to some issues but I can assure any mistake or error was not intentional. He is valued member of the bar.

#27 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Here we go again.

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

I am almost at the point where i will pay this site $2000.00 arbitration fee so i can get this false report removed. AVVO is just one site and if you read the client reviews they are very good. In very small print Avvo states that their formula is not scientific and should not be solely relied upon in determining whom to hire. Again call me personally with any concerns. Michael Rubin

Just look on Avvo

AUTHOR: - ()

Avvo is a lot bigger site to find attorneys. Thumbtack is way smaller and I wouldn't trust reviews. As soon as you look up his profile it says this lawyers license has been disciplined by the board. Look it up. He can use his manipulation using his thumbtack reviews but, yes disciplined by the board. I'd bet for the same reason I had problems with him. He needs more money more money after 3 months and not a thing filed in court. You ask him why and he drops you. 3k wasted. Courtney Rowlett, Texas

#29 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Michael D. Rubin-#1 Rated Divorce Professional In Dallas

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

This false report is almost two years old but it still shows up on searches. All I can do to respond is to provide a list of reviews on the link listed below. If I have one bad complaint in two years than it is clearly than the consumer with the issues.

Please click or copy and tape the link below for more information regarding my repuattion and service.

I am rated the #1 Divorce Professional in Dallas, Texas.

https://www.thumbtack.com/tx/dallas/divorce-services/# or go to thumbtack.com.

Michael Rubin

Please feel free to call me at 469-323-9923 if you any questions about this report.

#30 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Some People Just Never Stop

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

These sights make it very difficult to defend your reputation. Any person for any reason can post a negative remark about you and there is nothing you can do about it. This sight has a computer call you and if you do not answer it presumes the post is true.  The one negative post on here is not worth responding to anymore. Please check my reviews on Thumbtack or AVVO.

Thanks

Michael R.

#31 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Still False

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

The report is still completely false even though the reporter continues to make false allegations against the company.

Just look!

AUTHOR: Quartneyq - ()

Everything he wrote in the first paragraph is breaking attorney/client privilege. He is trying to rebut this argument by downing me as a person and this misinformation of my last case. That alone should tell you what kind of person he is. By the way, I did not get copies of my contract nor the affidavits I brought in to him because he doesn't even have copying privileges at the office he works out of.... His brother's. The secretary said he is almost never there and HAS NO COPYING PRIVILIGES.

it was money money money, he constantly harassed me for way more money than agreed upon. By further inspection, consultation with over 6 attorneys, they ALL said the same thing. He withdraws from every case. In the beginning, the middle, whenever, takes your money and withdraws. Oh, wait one attorney, very busy in the family law court said " he doesn't practice anymore. " I believe he is a freelance attorney borrowing his brothers office to get chunks of money down and disappears once the Lexus's payments are made. Again, my opinion but, I beg you to do research.

#33 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Completely False

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

This particular client retained me after she lost custody of her son. She lost custody because she did not participate in the court ordered social study and failed to appear for a final trial. She hired me to file a motion to modify custody. During my representation, she was served with a contempt for her failure to pay child support. The client needed extensive guidance in what she needed to prove to get custody within in a year of losing custody. The majority of emails were helping her drafting a strong affidavit to her petition.

Regarding my reputation with other lawyers and the Courts, I would ask that you call any of the family Courts in Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Collin, and other counties. Also regarding the alleged "attorney comments" that I have a poor reputation, please call me at 469-323-9923 and will provide names of highly respected family law attorneys and clients that will 100% refute the negative comments. I have been practicing for 20 years and have Court employees recommend me to litigants.

This particular client blamed the Judges and her ex-husband and her previous attorneys for all her problems. At first she was excited about my legal strategy on the modification and I gave her advice (that she followed) that kept her out of jail for the failure to pay child support.

Finallly, despite the clients assertions regarding the $300.00 payment plan, she claimed it was written down in the contract. She was given a copy of her contract and no where did it state said payment plan. I would ask that you look at my reviews on Thumbtack-I have 21 reviews with a 5 star rating. Bottom line I have had hundreds and hundreds of clients and you can't keep everyone happy.

Thanks for your time.