Complaint Review: mike diamond plumbing

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: david B — san juan capistrano California United States of America
mike diamond plumbing
norwalk, California United States of America

mike diamond plumbing smell good plumber Ripoff 80 year old living in small trailer norwalk, California

*Consumer Comment: Full of Yourself

*Consumer Comment: Really?

My mother called her old family plumber and made an appointment to repair her toilet. She lived in a small trailer in Norwalk at that time. Later in the day two plumbers showed up to make the repair. my Mother didn't realize that they were Mike Diamonds plumbers as she called her old plumber phone number. They went in to the bathroom and shortly advised her that the repair would be $580.00. My Mother was ill and had never been done wrong with her plumber so she told them to make the repair.

I came over a day or so later to see how she was doing and noticed a plumbing bill on her counter. Thats when my head exploded.They simply took advantage of an old lady that trusted her old plumber. I did some checking to see how this happened with the phone number she hsd called and found out that Diamond had been buying all the small plumbers he could for there phone numbers and customer lists.

They also left with her a pamplet titled "If you think the bill is to high" and it went on to say how much i costs to opperate a plumbing business. They cited....Business license,Education.,Gas ,Tools Insurance,Computers and about 50 to 100 more reasons for costs being so high. My niece was as irate as I and she called the smell good plumber.They asked her if her Grandmother received her senior discount of 20 percent. The cost to do the repair was about $8.00 plus ten minutes to install. They should burn in hell for taking advantage of older people or any others.

David
San Juan Capistrano,Ca. 92675

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mike-diamond-plumbing/norwalk-California-/mike-diamond-plumbing-smell-good-plumber-Ripoff-80-year-old-living-in-small-trailer-norwal-832949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mike diamond plumbing

Full of Yourself

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I had an experience with Mike Diamond Plumbing. After snaking out a mainline in the garage of a 2-bedroom house, I was informed that the problem was with the type of T fitting that was in the garage floor. After a long explanation of why, I declined the $3,900.00 price tag. I then called a real plumber a day later for a second opinion.

He told me that the T fitting did not need replacing, and if it did, it would be at the most a $1,100.00 job.

With this type of the above response, I see a man that is full of him self and has to impress us with the things he has. This shows complete lack of character. These complaints obviously struck a sensitive nerve.

Really?

AUTHOR: Long Island Plumber - (United States of America)

Had a professional plumber in your home and you think you were ripped off?

I use RipOffReport frequently prior to making any large purchase and being in the Plumbing & HVAC profesion my searches today brought me to Plumbing related complaints. Its amazing how most of the complaints or not for letting a disgusting dirty plumber into your homes, but instead of having a PROFESSIONAL come into your home to perform service. In the dozens of complaints I read this morning, not one commented on the appearance of the TECHNICIAN. My guess is that the technician was in a clean uniform.

Being a professional commands a higer rate of salary. As a professional Plumbing and HVAC Technician, do I not deserve to live in a nice home, support my family comfortably, and drive luxury cars? I firmly believe I do and the quality of service my company produces commands it as well. That is the reason I live in a 8500 sq. ft. house and drive fast Italian cars.

I am not a owner, but just a technician. Technically, I am the Service Department Manager. I command a salary similar to doctors and lawyers. I have more education, certification, and training than most lawyers do. I wake up at 3am to give families heat, clear their only toilet of all the waste that clogged, and crawl under homes to make repairs. I personally know a surgeons and lawyers who live at the same comfort level I do.

My company is a flat rate company. It is designed to save the customer money and make the company money. NO COMPANY WANTS TO LOSE MONEY! When I charge $361 to rebuld all the mechanical componets of a toilet, I guarantee that toilet. I will re-appear if god forbid it leaks at 6am.

My company gives the price upfront and the customer signs in writing prior to work beginning. We arrive when scheduled and GUARANTEE ALL WORK!

I personally performed $622K in gross sales last year in 49 weeks working an average of 60 hours per week. I am one technician out of 22. All without a single complaint. A large percentage of that revenue goes towards overhead, not compensation for employees. Picture a multi-million dollar company that pays on top of salary, $45K per employee for taxes, insurance, education, training, licensing, etc.

So the next time you call a plumber, if you want to nickel and dime call the dirty, unprofessional plumber in the pennysaver. If you want a plumber who is clean, prompt, courteous, and professional expect to pay for such.

No, $300 per hour is not excessive. You are insane if you think you can get a price over the phone. Get Home Depot or Lowes to come back if there is a problem. I fix THEIR PROBLEMS! $450 for only 57 minutes? It would take most homewoners an entire weekend something I can do in 10 minutes. If I could pay for more hours in a day I would.

Questions, comments, or concerns, please make comments below.

GOOD EVENING AMERICA AND GOD BLESS.

Mike The Plumber