Complaint Review: mileage maxx

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Bill — Asbury Iowa United States of America
mileage maxx
3370 Hayden RDste123-532 Scottsdale,AZ, Arizona United States of America

mileage maxx true west media Ripp off product decreaes mielage by 2 miles per gallon . When you add the price of the product in .You lose big. Scottsdale,AZ , Arizona

*General Comment: Mileage Maxx

*Consumer Suggestion: 2.2 mpg reduction from Mileage Maxx?

*General Comment: Mileage Maxx

*Consumer Comment: The problem is not the internet...

I ororded the product . I told Ray Hansen most of those products do not work . He said theirs does . I bought in at the 40% level to try it .  Then Ryan Dean from true west media says the way to sell this product is to run T V advertising . I told him let me see if the product preforms first . He said it would its just a formality and I'd be happy . He ripped me off for $3000.00 When I found out tit did not preform . It was to late he had me . He is a liar as is David Blake and a guy called Chris . They are all partners in crime. I got less mileage when i used the product. I will go though the Ia consumer fraud next to see if i can get my money back . Everything you touched now days is nothing but fraud . The best thing i'm finding out the hard way is not to have anything to do with internet and the crooks involved .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2010 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mileage-maxx/ScottsdaleAZ-Arizona-85251/mileage-maxx-true-west-media-Ripp-off-product-decreaes-mielage-by-2-miles-per-gallon-Whe-654127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mileage maxx

#1 General Comment

Mileage Maxx

AUTHOR: Denny - ()

Media West is not the product manufacturer, they are an Advertizing and Marketing firm. Whether their services work or not it not what this rebuttal is about.

US Fuel Solutions is the primary distributor of the Mileage Maxx product, I am an affiliate of theirs, the product and the claims made in the ad copy are true, I have 9 vehicles and use Mileage Maxx in all of them, it works!

My websites are http://www.niallafuelsaver.com/  and  http://www.niallamileagemaxxblog.com/  check them out for some more good info about Mileage Maxx.

My experience with the product is: follow the directions on the bottles exactly. I have yet to replace a single fuel filter due to clogging, it will take a couple of treatments to get the improvements in gas mileage, but it does work. You can help more by adjusting your driving habits to run slower (65-70) than the maximum speed limit (80) on the freeways. I just completed a 1200 mile trip in my 1999 Chevy pickup, I used just over 60 gallons of gas, that's almost 20 MPG compared to 14.6 that it was getting before using Mileage Maxx.

We all know there are unscrupulous scammers out there, preying on the ignorant and uninformed, fortunately there are sites like this one that help us with the ignorance part of that equation. We can never be too carefull, before you spend your money, ask what you're getting for your funds. If they put the bum's rush on you, such that if you don't do it now the offer won't be available tomorrow, just say no, honest sales people don't work that way.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

2.2 mpg reduction from Mileage Maxx?

AUTHOR: ROBRICHCO - (United States of America)

I have also bought into starting a web based business promoting and selling Mileage Maxx fuel supplement. I also am on a fixed income as a disabled veteran. However, I have no complaints about Mileage Maxx. In my experience and based on reports from people that purchased Mileage Maxx through my site, this product performs as advertised IF used as directed.

I always advise my clients and potential clients to be aware that using excessive amounts of Mileage Maxx may not cause harm to the engine, but will clean the fuel system too quickly. Especially with older and poorly maintained vehicles, this will cause debris that is cleaned from the system to clog the fuel filter before it can be properly dissolved. This, in turn, will have the effect of reducing miles per gallon until this sediment can dissolve and pass through the system or burn. If used as directed, the system is cleaned gradually, avoiding this problem and performance and mileage will increase over time. Just because a product is potentially good, more is NOT always better!

Regarding 'moremileage' and 'newwestmedia', these are NOT the primary distributors of Mileage Maxx. They are media consultants that sell you on advertising. If they are ripping you off, don't blame the product Mileage Maxx. Blame the company that sold you their advertising program, scheme, or whatever! Also, on this note, advertising can only encourage traffic to go to your site, not make sales for you! That part is ALWAYS up to you!

I don't have money available to buy advertising, I barely have enough to buy groceries. So when some of these advertising and promotions consultants called me, I simply told them that I had no money and they went away. Of course, I didn't expect to make a lot of money overnight with little or no work involved. The simple truth is that there is NO "turn key" business that you can buy for any small amount of money and no business can make money without working at it. The old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" will always be something to pay attention to!

#3 General Comment

Mileage Maxx

AUTHOR: Harry Haefner - (United States of America)

I believe the product works as found and used if it is used properly.  I had extensive questions to begin with.  I became an affiliate in March 2011 after not having a job or any source of income due to me selling my business after 3 years due to heart issues.  My dealings were with (AMG) American Media Group 1-866-440-4011  at the address of  US Fuel Max, 5025 N. Central Ave  Ste. 366, Phoenix, AZ  85012.

I lost 12,000 dollars as a result.  It wound up being a contract full of empty  promises of tv and radio advertising.  Suddenly after 3 weeks there were no follow up calls, and telephone was not answered when I called.  I did get my paste up advertisements as promised  (cookie cutter) which costs maybe $100.00 at the most.  It seemed to be working as promised but then the lost contact/promises.  I think I lost 12,000 dollars to this AMG outfit.  duh?

I am in tough financial shape now : without health insurance, and without a job still in this economy , living in my mobile home and no longer have very much energy left to fight back.  Yes I am 48 now and with no hope of recoping any of this -  Thank you very much!  I hope that the information I supplied is helpful, any additional questions I will be happy to answer-who knows it may help you?  The business practices from the AMG are quite undesireable, but this product does work as far as I go.

The problem is not the internet...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

..these same type of scammers put ads in magazines have have been doing this type of scam from way before the internet was around. Remember mail order fraud?

The internet if anything can make investigating products, services and businesses quicker and easier then ever before.

For example..if you go to this Mileage Maxx website the first red flag...no address or phone number on the website..only a form to email on the "contact" link.

The second red flag is that it is a product that "claims" to increase gas mileage and improve engine efficiency. If you did a quick investigation by doing an internet search..in seconds you would have found out that most..if not all of these gas mileage products are scams and no proof from anyone it works..other then testimonies from who knows who and who created them.

What you want to see before purchasing anything that makes claims like this, is  independent (not done by the manufacturer or others with a vested interest), scientific studies, preferably published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal that support the claims. If any of this existed, surely you would find it easily on the internet, and the link to the test results would certainly be on the companies website.

I found the following on the internet..click on the link below and see for yourself. If you used the internet properly and not allow con men and scammers to use you..you would not be in this situation now. I hope you can get a refund but it may take a bunch of your time up and still you may get nothing back...

Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view