Complaint Review: militaryrecords.org

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: George Cunningham — West Point Virginia United States of America
militaryrecords.org

militaryrecords.org link appeared on AARP website, they falsely charged my credit card , Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: George Cunningham

I accessed a link on the AARP website (military records.org) to get a report of my military records.  To get the report I was asked to pay a $1.00 processing fee which I did.  They I received a receipt for an unauthorized annual payment of $19.95.  I did not ask for this service, nor did I authorize payment.  since I had incurred an unauthorized charge and never received the report I had requested and for which I paid, I contacted their website help center and had difficulty getting them to focus on the reversal of the charges.  Their site kept asking me to "click here" and I had to press them to confirm their actions.

This is an obvious scam and I would like to make sure that others do not encounter the same problems that I did.  Further, I think that AARP should pursue them to push for restitution as well as to terminate their presence on the AARP site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/militaryrecordsorg/internet/militaryrecordsorg-link-appeared-on-AARP-website-they-falsely-charged-my-credit-card--995722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on militaryrecords.org

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

George Cunningham

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear George,

We are sorry for the trouble this may have caused. Kindly email to Customer Service Manager at manager@recordaccount.com to get the refund for the charges you have paid.

Thanks,