• Report: #120914

• Submitted: Thu, December 02, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 03, 2004

• Reported By:Granite city Illinois
Millennium Model Management
707N.2nd St.suite410 St.Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

Millenium Model Management Ripoff Took my money and moved out of town St.Louis Missouri

*Consumer Suggestion: Sounds like you might need to go to small claims court

Im 17. At the time I was 16. I was at the mall and a lady came up to me with a piece of paper and a clip board and asked if i have ever tried modeling or acting. I said yes of course because this has been my lifes dream. I went to the interview with the company and they asked for $1200 for a photographer and all the things they had to get in order to start me with the agency. So I went along with it and they took the money. I went to one photo-shoot and got the pictures back. After that I kept e-mailing them for more info and one day after school I emailed them and the web page said that MMM had moved to Kanas without letting me know anything. All I want is my money back and ill be ok!

Patrice
Granite city, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2004 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Millennium-Model-Management/StLouis-Missouri-63102/Millenium-Model-Management-Ripoff-Took-my-money-and-moved-out-of-town-StLouis-Missouri-120914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Millennium Model Management

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sounds like you might need to go to small claims court

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

Patrice,

Since you were a minor, you can not legally be held to any contract. (If you signed a contract, and not your parents.) I am not an attorney, but I believe that you would have a very strong small claims court case. It sounds like they took advantage of you, and you deserve to get your money back. If you still have the paperwork that they gave you, I would look into it, at least.

I did find an address and phone number that you might want to try and contact first.

Millennium Model Management
Address: 511 Delaware St, Kansas City, MO 64105
Phone: (816) 474-8383

Make sure to write down the date and time that you called and who you spoke to. I would also send a letter asking for a refund. Make sure to keep a copy for your files. If you don't get anywhere with them, try court. It will cost you a little bit of money, but if you can get your money back, it would be worth it.

I hope this helps. I almost fell for the same type of scam when I was your age, but I didn't have the guts to follow through. If this is something that you really want to do, do some research, find a reputable company and go for it! Good Luck!!!