Complaint Review: Milton Tire and Auto

• Reported By: Scott — Cumming Georgia
Milton Tire and Auto
12940 Hwy 9 North Milton, Ga. 30004 Milton, Georgia USA

Milton Tire and Auto BAIT AND SWITCH Milton Georgia

Called to get a price for an alignment. Was quoted $79.99. Brought in and they turned it around pretty quickly, less than an hr. Used a coupon that was from an entertainment book I paid $25-$40 for and they paid to advertise in book. Was not a nationwide Good*Year coupon. Was only for this location with owners name as the authorized person in charge J.Smith.

I noticed after I left that the charge was $99.99 not the $79.99. I thought I heard wrong but had my wife call and she was quoted the same $79.99 and she specified the exact car, make and model to make sure there was no confusion. I came back the next day and said there must have been an honest mistake made.The guy at the counter was the same one that quoted me and my wife and I dealt with when I dropped my car off.

Upon showing him the invoice he said that I was given a $45 coupon discount to bring the price down to $57.Yes, but the price quoted was $79.99 and the coupon was for 1/2 off up to a maximum of a $45 discount.So the price should have been approx. $45. He immediately became defensive. He said that I didn't tell him I had a coupon and that's why the price was $79.99. He said they quote that price all day long and that it's his shop and he can charge whatever he wants.He said I'll never do an alignment for $45 dollars. It's an $80k machine. If you don't like it you can go somewhere else. He even tried to deny the coupon even existed and it wasn't for his store. I said if that was the case then why did you give me the discount if it's not your coupon. In other words there is one price if you have a coupon and a different price if you don't? He actually said yes.

I said that the purpose of a coupon is to bring in new customers who would not otherwise come in, even if you need to reduce the price of the service. The hope is that you will introduce the quality of your work and service to the new customer so that you will come back. I asked him if he realized that. He had no comment. I finally told him that they have a full service auto center that I could have brought back both my cars to. He departing comment as I walked out the door was this is my store and I've got plenty of customers. If you don't like it don't come back. He was still yelling at me as the door was closing. Did I mention that this was all over $12? He lost a customer with two cars and the ability to refer him to other customers over $12. Not to mention all the review sites I'm posting this on to warn people to stay away from them.Not a smart businessman and not an honest person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2013 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Milton-Tire-and-Auto/Milton-Georgia-30004/Milton-Tire-and-Auto-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-Milton-Georgia-1094168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Milton Tire and Auto