regional

• Updated: Mon, August 11, 2014

• Reported By: Fremicka — Indianapolis Indiana
Mina African Hair Braiding and Beauty Supply
3845 Moller Rd. Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Mina African Hair Braiding and Beauty Supply On Saturday August 9, I had a first time appointment for 9 am, with Mina who is the owner of Mina African Hair Braiding. Before arrival, I contacted Mina by phone to inform her that I will like her to style my hair in a style called silky dreads. Upon arrival I showed Mina an picture of the style I wished to have. These braids can take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours to do. She stated to me that it will be no problem for her and that the price will be $180. About 2 hours into Mina braiding my hair, a co-worker who works for Mina arrived. She began to assist Mina with the back portion of my hair. Four hours into their work I requested a bathroom break. While in the restroom I noticed that the braids that they had done did not look NOTHING like the picture that was showed. As I went back to the chair I explained to Mina that I was not satisfied with my hair. She immediately was offended, and upset.  I felt like there was no customer service at all she even jump up at me while I was in the chair getting my hair fixed by Mimi. I have NEVER experience such derogatory behavior coming from a place of business such as this. This cannot happen again. Indianapolis Indiana

On Saturday August 9, I had a first time appointment for 9 am, with Mina who is the owner of Mina African Hair Braiding. Before arrival, I contacted Mina by phone to inform her that I will like her to style my hair in a style called silky dreads.  Upon arrival I showed Mina an picture of the style I wished to have. These braids can take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours to do. She stated to me that it will be no problem for her and that the price will be $180. About 2 hours into Mina braiding my hair, a co-worker who works for Mina arrived. She began to assist Mina with the back portion of my hair.  Four hours into their work I requested a bathroom break. While in the restroom I noticed that the braids that they had done did not look NOTHING like the picture that was showed. As I went back to the chair I explained to Mina that I was not satisfied with my hair. She immediately was offended, and upset. We went back and forth about the hair style and at that point Mimi her co-worker intervened and suggested that I wait until it is finished. I decided at that time it would be best to wait to see the finished result. I still wasn’t happy; at this point I began to ask….

The reason why is because my dreads where so shift that I couldn’t put them into a ponytail, the dreads where so tight on my head just a too move or touch them was painful. Mina an Mimi both explain that this was how they are suppose to look the first time getting them done and over time they will loosen. Since this was my first time getting these braids and I figured that they where experience I took their word and paid for my hair. Later that night I notice that the ends of the hair to come unraveled. Sunday morning I began to notice more of the braids in the back to become undone as well.

Monday, August 11 at 10am, I called Mina and told her that my hair was coming down and that it has only been 1 day since I been at her shop. I told Mina that I will be at her shop about 5:30pm so they can fix my hair. Upon arrival Mimi her co-worker, and Mina sister was at the shop, but there was no sign on Mina. Her sister called me b****** cussed at me talked about my parents, she was very,very disrespectful and rude, and she insulted me to the max. I felt like there was no customer service at all she even jump up at me while I was in the chair getting my hair fixed by Mimi. I was in disbelief that a business will permit this kind of behavior. There was no boundary that she didn’t cross as far as the name calling. I was so upset that the only thing I felt that I could do at this point is report their business. No one should have to pay $180 for services that was not render and then be talked down to the way I was. T

his is so unfair, and my goal is to prevent this from happening to someone else.  Customers should not be cussed out because they are not happy with the service that was preformed a good business will try to see what needs to be done to keep a customer happy not upset, not name calling, not being disrespectful. I have NEVER experience such derogatory behavior coming from a place of business such as this. This cannot happen again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2014 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mina-African-Hair-Braiding-and-Beauty-Supply/Indianapolis-Indiana-46254/Mina-African-Hair-Braiding-and-Beauty-Supply-On-Saturday-August-9-I-had-a-first-time-app-1169137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mina African Hair Braiding and Beauty Supply