Complaint Review: Mint Cellular LLC - - John Mint - mymintcellular@gmail.com

• Updated: Wed, April 16, 2014

• Reported By: t8tertot — Greenfield Indiana
Mint Cellular LLC - - John Mint - mymintcellular@gmail.com
3130 West California Ave Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Mint Cellular LLC - - John Mint - mymintcellular@gmail.com Possible Recipient of your PayPal payment : Aaron Yelenick (Yelenick22@gmail.com) fraud, moneypak scam Salt Lake City, Internet Utah

On craigslist, I ran across the ad:  indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/4386088393.html which offers a Nikon D7100 camera with 18-200mm lens for $1100.  I responded to the ad knowing this price probably too good to be true,  yet not too far off from a great deal that I had seen at Costco ($1350).  I responded to the ad and was sent the following link via email:   mintcellular.net/catalog.html.  I looked up the company name and didn't see anything alarming.  I had a phone number of the person who responded to the craigslist ad.  I spoke to him on the phone a couple of times about the camera confirming it was in stock and getting a feel for whether this deal could be trusted.

I ordered the Nikon D7100 with 18-200mm lens via the link and was immediately phoned by someone at "Mint Cellular LLC" via phone number:  801-833-0392.  Again, i confirmed the camera was available at the listed price of $1100.  I was immediately sent a fake invoice from Mint Celluar LLC and sent $1100 via Paypal to complete the order.  The next day, I received an email from mymintcellular@gmail.com asking if I had received my refund of $1100.  I immediately emailed back asking why was I receiving a refund rather than the camera that I had ordered.  The response was that the camera was only avaliable in the Canadian market and out of stock in the US.  I checked my Paypal account and had no notification of my payment being returned/refunded.  I emailed several times that day and kept being told the refund had been requested.

Although, I believed I was purchasing the camera from Mint Cellular, the recipient of my PayPal payment was Aaron Yelenick, email address: yelenick22@gmail.com.

At that point, I was certain that I had been scammed and started the process of filing a dispute via PayPal to reclaim my money.  From ongoing conversations in the PayPal dispute with Aaron Yelenick, Aaron was supposedly unaware of my purchase of the Nikon D7100.  From my $1,100, he was to receive payment of $350 for his services and $600 for reimbursement of the iPhone that he was told (via EMAIL) to send me a reimbursement on.  Obviously, this makes no sense based on the story thus far.  After speaking to Aaron on the phone, he stated that he was hired to process refunds and was to receive $350 payment for each refund he processed and sent the rest of the money via a moneypak to India.

In the meantime, after opening the paypal dispute, I phoned Mint Celluar several times at the 801-833-0392 number that I spoke to a couple of times prior to sending payment.  He answered one time and realized it was me.  Told me the refund had been submitted, but after I continued to ask questions, hung up on me.  I phoned back and could never get an answer, just a busy signal.  I phoned from 3 different numbers which were answered until he discovered it was me and he continued to hang up and the phone went to a busy signal.  Emails were no longer returned from mymintcellular@gmail.com.

Aaron Yelenick proceeded to work with me and was willing to return $750 of my $1100 if I would close the paypal dispute and he would keep the remaining $350.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mint-Cellular-LLC-John-Mint-mymintcellulargmailcom/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84104/Mint-Cellular-LLC-John-Mint-mymintcellulargmailcom-Possible-Recipient-of-your-Pay-1139331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mint Cellular LLC - - John Mint - mymintcellular@gmail.com