Complaint Review: Mission Federal Credit Union

• Reported By: antonio — Chula Vista California
Mission Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 919023 San Diego, California USA

Mission Federal Credit Union False Advertising San Diego California

I stopped by Mission Federal Credit Union on Saturday May 10th, 2014 with the intention of making some financial transactions.  The ATM offers the option of making a "CASH" deposit without the use of an envelope.  I proceeded to make a CASH DEPOSIT, going through the prompts, until I finished my transaction.

On my transaction receipt, I noticed that I had not received "FULL CREDIT" for the "CASH" deposit I had just made and after a few minutes realized that the bank had put a "5-DAY HOLD" on over 40% my deposit.  (MInd you that through the many prompts NOT ONCE was I informed of a potential "HOLD" on this deposit.)  I tried to contact the bank without success because they close "EARLY" on Saturdays -- a full 3 hours before every other bank.

Today, Monday May 12th, 2014, I called the bank to inquire about the "5-DAY HOLD" on a "CASH" deposit.  They informed me that this is the result of an ATM Rollout Issue BUT that once this "rollout" is finished they would begin to honor CASH deposits on the same day as IT SHOULD BE DONE...  I expressed my frustration to the representative and she agreed that it was absurd the institution would hold a CASH deposit.

She proceeded to release "HALF" of MY FUNDS (NOT THEIRS) and that I would have to call back on Wednesday to see if they would do me the "FAVOR" of releasing the OTHER half... :-)

Does anyone think this is borderline THEFT by the institution regardless of company policy???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mission-Federal-Credit-Union/San-Diego-California-92191-9023/Mission-Federal-Credit-Union-False-Advertising-San-Diego-California-1145987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mission Federal Credit Union