Complaint Review: Mississippi Court Collections, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, May 22, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: abe — Holly Springs Mississippi
Mississippi Court Collections, Inc.
26 Eastgate Dr. Brandon, Mississippi USA

Mississippi Court Collections, Inc. Michael P. Guest(president) & Sharon C. Jernigan Mississippi Court Collections Inc want return my calls regarding a threat to jail me for $0.63 no consequences for their actions.Is it a scam or a desperate act. Brandon Mississippi

Write a review about Mississippi Court Collections Inc

MCC, Inc want return my calls regarding a threat to jail me for $0.63.

• Rate: 1 star

On 05/20/2013 I received a letter from Mississippi Court Collections Inc. advising that Marshall County (MS) Justice Court has turned my case over to them for collections.  They've advised the charge for speeding has a remaining balance of $0.63 cents my license may be suspended and if not paid within 30 days their office may contact the Justice Court of Marshall County to hold me in contempt of court and a resulting warrant for my arrest will be issued. I immediately called the number provided on the letter and left a voice mail message and waited for a call back. After no response I left a 2nd message the same day and its now 05/22/2013, I contacted Marshall County Justice Court and the clerk Monet advised that after 13 years they had turned this case over to collections, she pulled the records and saw that Ticket#212038 Amt. due: $110.50 Pmt. Received $110.00. Pursuant to Section 19-3-41, Mississippi Code Annotated (1972) that 25% penalty In state delinquent payments and 50% delinquent payments out of state was added. I was advised they will be  getting this released but I am concerned that they may have reported to the credit bureaus because it seems there are no consequences for their actions.

I am not sure what caused the omission of the remaining $0.50. I imagine that this has cost both the Marshall County Justice Court as well as Mississippi Court Collections, Inc. more than the $.50 +  $0.23 penalty they’ve added. I really thought this was a scam or a desperate act.

abelfor 05/22/2013.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mississippi-Court-Collections-Inc-/Brandon-Mississippi-39042/Mississippi-Court-Collections-Inc-Michael-P-Guestpresident-Sharon-C-Jernigan-Mis-1052988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mississippi Court Collections, Inc.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC