Complaint Review: Mister Body Shop

• Updated: Fri, August 23, 2013

• Reported By: Kerry — Monument Colorado
Mister Body Shop
2610 Platte Pl. Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

Mister Body Shop Mr. Body Shop Worst welding in the world, took forever to do anything, left bare-metal car and parts in the rain/snow Colorado Springs Colorado

First off, never, never, never don't ever pay someone the full amount up front.  I did this and the owner, Ivan took my $6500 and used it on other jobs while my car sat for months, sometimes outside in the rain and snow and rusted many parts.  I would go to see what progress was being done and my car would be sitting there with no one working on it while his workers were gathered around their frineds car working on it.  Every few months I would pop in and check the progress and nothing would change, my car never seemed to be getting worked on.  Then when I had to come back from Iraq for good I started pushing him to get my car ready for paint.

Well, in a few weeks he was trying to convince my wife to give him another $3500 for the paint job saying "the car was ready to be painted".  I showed up with another body shop's trailer, put my car on it and hauled it away before the shit got too deep to wade in. [continued below]....

.....  We took it back to the other shop and started to inspect and "OH MY GOD", the work they did, the terrible welds.  He replaced panels he shouldn't have and the welds that held the new panels on looked like a Jr. High school kid who is learning to weld did it.  I took the car home and stripped it down completely and what a mess.

They put door hinges on over bare metal so it was starting to rust, the whole metal dash was loose because they had replaced the A-pillar panel and not welded the dash back to it, they cut the passenger side floor panel because it was rusted and just laid a new panel over it and bead-welded the bottom without priming or undercoating it at all, so there was bare metal just rusting.  They put bondo over old holes that were made years before to repair body damage and to top it off they installed a new top that shows a 1/2" difference between the driver side and passenger side.

They took a fender skirt off that had my VIN and trashed it, didn't want to give me the VIN tag off the door until I insisted and refused to give my old fenders back saying "we already got rid of them".  Oh, and they broke my rear glass saying "it fell off of their shelf".  Terrible workmanship, shiity welding, rust and unprotected metal left all over the car, replacing panels that were good, refusing to give VIN tags back, trying to convince me the car was ready for paint in this kind of condition.

I'm glad I caught it when I did because if I would have let them paint the car the way they prepared it, bubbling paint, rusty metal and poor body work would have shown in a few years when I couldn't do anything about it.  This place is a rip-off, scam artist, lazy employees who work on their friends cars and a boss who takes all the money up front and uses it toward other jobs as yours just sits there and rust.  I have pictures, video and documentation to back up everything I have told you here.  Never take your car to misterbodyshop in Colorado Springs unless you want sh*tty bodywork and your car back in a year or two.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mister-Body-Shop/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80132/Mister-Body-Shop-Mr-Body-Shop-Worst-welding-in-the-world-took-forever-to-do-anything-l-1078392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mister Body Shop