Museum

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: J.D. — Dallas Texas
MMC Group
105 Decker Ct., Suite 1100 Irving, Texas USA

MMC Group Staffing Agency MISLED ME about JOB DETAILS at SECURUS Tech, Their Recruiters LIED to get people to show up and when everyone became angry the recruiters THREATENED THOSE OF US who SPOKE OUT. Securus Tech in Carrollton was Equally Culpable. When I quit because of their LYING, they CUT MY PAY DOWN TO MINIMUM WAGE! DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! AKA Chris Mitchell and Company. TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR IN MY OPINION!! Irving Texas

I accepted employment through MMC Group based in Irving, TX to work for Securus Tech, located at 3000 Kellway, Carrollton, TX -  for $10.00 an hour. The recruiter told me on the phone that the pay would be every week and that the first pay date was on May 9th, 2014. During Orientation we were also advised of several other assignment details that eventually would turn out to be ERRONEOUS. COMPLETE FALSEHOODS.

During orientation we were handed several sheets of paper to sign by the lead recruiter and told you have "5 minutes". I spoke up and told her that there was no way we could "read" through the documents in that time and she said "oh well, some people read fast" and continued to pressure us. [continued below]....

..... Another new hire in orientation spoke out and said "Aren't we suppose to read these documents?" to which she did not respond. After we hurriedly signed the documents she took them up in such a hurry many people had skipped signatures and she pulled out the sheet we had skipped and called those of us up to the front of the class to sign each sheet we missed. We still didn't have time to read the documents and most of us were so desperate for a job we signed them.

When we started to work at Securus (I was in a class of around 22 people) the first couple of days were repeated threats about all the different ways we could be terminated. My God. They seemed to drill that in us. We were advised by the Securus Tech Trainer that even if we "were sick, had a car accident, had a "heart attack", were admitted into the hospital, our child was sick"so forth and so on that we would not get an "excused absence".. We were informed that there were NO excused absences nomatter what happened.

Then the MMC HR came in later that week and told us that the paydate was not on May 9th but on May 16th. We found out we had to wait almost an entire MONTH to be paid!! Which is highly unusual for a low wage temporary job. We also found out several things we had been told about the job in Orientation were not true. This made many people upset.  So much information about the job assignment turned out to be "different" that several members of the class requested one of the Securus Tech HR members and our concerns were relayed to her. Securus HR "laughed" about the misinformation we were given, and told one member of the class,  "Oh well, from what you are stating MMC GRP's Recruiter "EMBELLISHED" the details of the job". She then turned around and with a laugh said "Well, that's what recruiters are suppose to do" or something to that effect.

We had all accepted the job off of FALSE PREMISES.

People started to quit and finally I had enough and I quit. Steve from MMC Group HR then informed me, after I had sent him an email, that they would cut "every hour" of the 7 days I worked down to minimum wage. Apparently there was a document inside that group of papers we were given that gave them permission to do this. I was unaware of this document at that time and when I found out about the document the day before, I objected to signing it and was told by one of the recruiters my employment was "contingent" on signing it. By that time I had already worked several days and felt that, due to what I was told, they would not retroactively go back and cut my pay.

I feel that because MMC GROUP LIED to me about the details of the job assignment I should have had the right to quit. I also take issue with how we were all rushed through the paperwork without being able to adequately read it. Was that on purpose? Last, MMC was wrong for EMBELLISHING (to use the words from Securus Tech's own HR) the details of the job. She laughed at this. But this was NOT FUNNY. NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH MMC GROUP (CHRIS MITCHELL AND COMPANY). BOYCOTT ANY COMPANY WHO DOES DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. TO LIE AND THEN TAKE WAGES FROM FOLKS EARNING A PALTRY $10.00 AN HOUR IS UNBELIEVABLE. THIS IS WHAT CAPITALISM HAS COME TO. AND TEXAS ALLOWS THE COMPANIES TO GET AWAY WITH THIS BY MAKING SURE EMPLOYEES HAVE AS FEW REGULATIONS AS POSSIBLE TO PROTECT US. TEXAS POLITICIANS SAY "GO THROUGH THE COURTS" AND THEY KNOW MOST FOLKS DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY AND 99% OF THESE  VIOLATIONS WILL GO UNREPORTED.

SHAME ON:

Main phone (972) 893-0100
Toll-Free (800) 779-2505
Staffing (972) 893-0300
Fax (972) 893-0099

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MMC-Group/Irving-Texas-75062/MMC-Group-Staffing-Agency-MISLED-ME-about-JOB-DETAILS-at-SECURUS-Tech-Their-Recruiters-L-1144773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MMC Group