volunteers

• Reported By: anonymous — centerville Ohio United States of America
modern distributing systems
5482 Wilshire Blvd #1506 los angeles, California United States of America

modern distributing systems MDS toner phoner scam los angeles, California

Someone called saying that we had ordered toner for our copier and they had all the information about our copier model number and said they were calling to tell me that the toner we ordered was going through a price increase and they were letting me know we would get it at the previously reduced rate.  They mailed a broken toner to us with no original packaging and sent us an invoice for $487.29.  Toner $439.00 ship/handle $48.29.    The young man sounded as if he was calling me from his living room and then when I told them we were not going to pay the invoice and I had sent the toner back to them, they continued to call and harrass myself as the office manager and our accountant.  I finally told them that i had reported them to the BBB in California and the federal trade commission for fraud.  I told them not to send any more toner and if they did we would make not effort to return it and we would NOT be paying their fake invoice.

My office received another call with the same scam of asking for our copier model number and information about it and when I took the call from my assistant they had the same story of we had ordered toner and they had a reduced price and wanted to send it out to us.  I got all the information I could but he hung up on me when I asked for a phone number.  They always say they are in some imaginary "warehouse" and can't give out the number.   This second company called themselves IDC notification services from california.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/modern-distributing-systems/los-angeles-California-90036/modern-distributing-systems-MDS-toner-phoner-scam-los-angeles-California-1017450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on modern distributing systems