Complaint Review: modern moving and storage

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: marisol — jacksonville North Carolina United States of America
modern moving and storage
94 western blvd, jacksonville, north carolina 28546 Internet United States of America

modern moving and storage HORRIBLE SERVICE Internet

HORRIBLE!!! They were hired by the govt to complete my military move. Multiple items damaged and destroyed including a brand new dresser and lost the screws to my desk. Initial settlement for damages gave very minimal compensation including a replacement value, which was half of what my desk was worth. Contacted Clara Barnett. I told them I didnt just want
minimal money but would like my desk repaired and my new dresser replaced. She agreed and stated they would take my old dresser for salvage. A new settlement was sent to me with no mention of replacing my dresser and exactly HALF the
original settlement. Ms. Barnett denied stating they would replace my new dresser and stated the first offer is no longer available. I refused the offer again for reconsideration based on what I was told over the phone. No change.
They refuse to answer the requests by Better Business Bureau and Angies List. Military members ARE allowed to request a different carrier. I would highly consider this incident when choosing a mover.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/modern-moving-and-storage/internet/modern-moving-and-storage-HORRIBLE-SERVICE-Internet-949968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on modern moving and storage