suite

• Reported By: sicx24 — Vancouver Washington
Modutile.Com
5700 S. Rice Ave Suite D houston Texas Vancouver, Washington USA

Modutile.Com modu tilemodutile Modutile - BUYER BEWARE - Houston Texas

*Author of original report: I agree

*General Comment: Mold...

I purchased $800 worth of Modutile coin top flooring in febuaray. My order was short intially so I had to fight them to get the rest of my tiles shipped which took 4 phone calls and talking to higher management to finally get cleared and they were very rude about it.

Within 4 months of owning these tiles I noticed a musty smell startin in my garage so I lifted the tiles and couldnt believe how much mold and mildew was building under these tiles. I called modutile immediately to try to figure out whats going on and If I could get a refund and all they did was say it must be my fault because they have sold 10Million tiles and I am the first to complain and that they would look into it but they dont feel like its there product fault. Well that first call was in June and here we are in August and They have done nothing. they have threatened me with lawyers sending me paperwork, which in my case is fine because there product causes a health hazard and potentially could get you very sick. [continued below]....

..... I files a BBB report in July and they got very upset saying I had no right do that even though at that time they were not responding to emails or calls and they said since I had filed a BBB they would not help me even though there were not helping me in first place.

There was about a inch of mold and mildew all across my garage floor under every single tile. All I wanted was a refund and they wont take accountability for there product acting as a vapor barrier on my garage floor. It held the moisture from rainy days under the tiles instead of letting the moisture out.

Buyer beware to thos who have purchased this product, Please check under your tiles if you have not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ModutileCom/Vancouver-Washington-98684/ModutileCom-modu-tilemodutile-Modutile-BUYER-BEWARE-Houston-Texas-1075134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Modutile.Com

I agree

AUTHOR: sicx24 - ()

Youre right, am going to have resinspected. We had full house inspection in Decemember with report of absolutely no mold then and will redo if thats what it takes. Really I just want other buyers of there product to check what they have because  it could make for a dangerous situation. I have not threatened this company nor said I was going to sue. I just want others to know this could be potential problem.

#2 General Comment

Mold...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

See the problem with mold is that its a spore. As such, you can have mold blow in on a breeze. If they can find this mold ANYWHERE else on your property then you wont be able to sue them as its a enviromental hazard that is PRE EXISTING. This will mean EVERY single claim you have made and every single phone call trying to get money will be considered fraud and they can go after you for that. Before you go any further I would suggest that you hire an expert to go through your house and determine if the mold is a local variety or something that was imported in your packaging.

Main problem is that there is NOTHING really for the mold to grow on straight out of the packaging. The only way that chages is if something like a soda was spilled on the tiles after you recieved them.