Complaint Review: Money Tree

• Submitted: Tue, December 09, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 09, 2003

• Reported By:oklahoma city Oklahoma
Money Tree
1337 S Fountain Drive Olathe, Kansas U.S.A.

Money Tree Mortgage ripoff, took 300 dollars hasn't done anything. also please read. Olathe Kansas

I was called around 10-09-03 of this year because of an email that I was sent and filled out. I was called first by a James Derry, He told me that at first that I was preapproved for a mortgage with the amount of money I had for a down payment. Then I was told that I could get a no money down mortgage which they quoted me 9.5 % percent interest. That there would be a $300 dollar "application" fee. that they could debit my credit card OR Checking account. and that the 300 dollars was refundable when my mortgage closed. So anyways, I was sent the information online. They didn't bill my checking account right way. however james derry quit a few days later, then Shelena Sharff took over my account. I sent the stuff off on the 10-17-03. then I recieved an email from her after I had sent everything in. she told me that I need to redo the application because it needed to be dated 10-15-03. also I needed something else. she even called and left me a message about this matter. still during this time my account had not been debited. So a few days later, I recieve a letter from telecheck, saying that they where having a problem running it for money tree. apparaently James Derry gave them the wrong account number. that should have told me right there about this company but I didn't figure it out until later. so a few days later I sent the rest of my stuff back in. well Then i tried to call Shelena, supposively she was on vacation taht week. so the following monday which was 11-17-03 I called her back. she told me that everything was sent to loan processing. and not to look for a house until they call me and tell me that it is okay too. So after that phone call I was thinking about that. Why would I have to wait until they say I can look for a house? So I called back a few days later. all I got was her voice mail, so I left a message. actually I left several. I even sent her several emails. the following monday the monday before Thanksgiving i tried to call again. becasue i am anxious to get a house, all I got was her extension was busy, and the mail box was full. I tried calling Several times that week. Got the same thing. so I tried to call on the first Of December the number had been disconnected. so I sent several emails again never got any response back to any of them. I searched online and found the other address and phone number in Georgia for them. I called the person I talked to couldn't wait to get me off the phone she sent me to a voice mail. so I have left several messages. I even left a treatening message but no one has called me yet. so I have contact a website that everyone can contact called www.bigclassaction.com if everyone files a complaint on there, they Money tree can be sued. what they are doing is fraud. I have also contact my attorney and the federal trade commission. several other agencies. I have even Contacted the national media. I used to work at a newspaper. So I have media connections. Its just a matter of time before your out of business. if everyone files a complaint they can be stopped and put out of business. There will probably be a rebuttal on here. but they can't argue the fact. this is fraud pure and simple.

Windle
oklahoma city, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2003 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Money-Tree/Olathe-Kansas-66061/Money-Tree-Mortgage-ripoff-took-300-dollars-hasnt-done-anything-also-please-read-Olath-74488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Money Tree