Complaint Review: moneygram

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: Adrienne — Oakhurst Oklahoma
moneygram
Internet USA

moneygram discrimination of the elderly Internet

My grandmother is 84 and very hard of hearing and of course knows nothing about the internet. I am an authorized user on all her accounts and handle all her financial affairs. She needed to send money to one of her great grandchildren so set up her online account with Moneygram and of course there was a problem with their website (which has happened to me on three different occasions) so I called customer service and even though she was sitting right beside me and even though she tried to talk to them and she authorized me handle the transaction they still would not process it and said she would have to go to an agent location, even though I explained to them she is in a wheelchair and does not get around well. To me this is complete discrimination against an elderly person and it is just beyond wrong to me. I ended up going through Western Union and it went just like clock work. I will NEVER use Moneygram again and I am gonna do everything I can to stop as many people as possible from using them. I am also filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/moneygram/internet/moneygram-discrimination-of-the-elderly-Internet-1050975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on moneygram