Complaint Review: Monitronics

• Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: Dom — San Jose California
Monitronics
2009 RR 620 N, Austin, Texas USA

Monitronics Robo calls won't stop from Monitronics. Make money off new FTC order and stop them Austin Texas

*Author of original report: STOP - Just an identity phishing scam. Monitronics likely a victim here as well.

*Author of original report: Proof of my claim

*UPDATE Employee: Monitronics Cares

*Author of original report: FTC rules Monitronic is vicariously responsible for calls

Monitronics won't stop robo calling me for their home secuity monitoring scam. They use names like Home Protection Services and Secure America and Secure Services. A new FTC ruling (http://www.tcpatools.com/fcc-obo.pdf ) makes them responsible or "vicariously liable" in the terms of the ruling and you can stop them by joining me in a class action suit which is being handled by Keogh Law. 55 W. Monroe st. Ste. 3390 chicago IL 60603 Contact Kate Bowen kbowen@keoghlaw.com and cash in while you stop these scum bags.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronics/Austin-Texas-78734/Monitronics-Robo-calls-wont-stop-from-Monitronics-Make-money-off-new-FTC-order-and-sto-1057011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronics

AUTHOR: Dom - ()

I'm the original poster. I am convinced that in this case Monitronics and myself are victims. These bozos asked for my current address then my previous address, then my birthdate, then my SSN at different points in the several calls. Thisi s all stuff needed to get into your credit report. I always gave phony info. Now I think that is what this was about all along. So DON"T CALL the law firm listed in the original or pin this particular item on Monitronics. This was just a scheme to get your address first then build on it. They had so many people involved it was, looking back, elaborate. The call back number to have your number removed from the robocaller is probably some other company's call back number so you number does not come off the robocall. Best thing is to play along giving phone info and at some point before they ask for your SSN ask them to remove your number. The longe you keep them on the phone the less time there will be for them to work an unsuspecting person.

Proof of my claim

AUTHOR: Dom - ()

I was told by both the initial screener and the sales person that they represented Monitronics.

I almost got to the contract portion of the deal where I expected to find your name.

I got a "personal call back number" for an Aaron Petrolia 501-672-1535 so youi can call them and tell them to stop using your name and stop calling me. Maybe you should see who owns that number and get them to stop. I'm not stopping until the phone calls stop. Since your name is the one consistently used and the FTC's new ruling says you are responsible for third parties violating the do not call provisions then you are on my hook. I expect to get more calls and will try to get to the point of seeing a document to sign at which point your name or alias will provide my proof for our class action suit.

Monitronics Cares

AUTHOR: Monitronics Cares - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to contact Monitronics about your concern. My Name is Chris Khouthong and I’m with the Resolutions Department here at Monitronics.  I am sorry to hear that you have been receiving unsolicited telemarketing phone calls. I understand your frustration and want to help resolve your issue.  I assure you that Monitronics is an alarm monitoring company only and does not sell, install or service alarm systems.  Monitronics is not responsible for any telemarketing acts or omissions in relation to sales installation or service. Please contact me at 1- 855-299-2081for additional assistance.

Chris Khouthong

Executive Response

FTC rules Monitronic is vicariously responsible for calls